Splendor in the Shadow of Mt. Shasta
McCloud River Lodge • Mccloud, CA
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in a Jacuzzi or Whirlpool Room, Sundays through Thursdays ($150) or Fridays and Saturdays ($160)
- Two Cocktails or Glasses of Wine per Night for Each Guest
- One Appetizer per Night at Aaron's @ the Lodge
- Combine Vouchers to Stay for Up to Four Nights
It's hard to miss Mt. Shasta. The second-tallest peak in the Cascade Range, this 10,000-foot beast seems to rise from nothing, its majestic snow-capped peak holding court of much of Northern California. And in its shadow sits the tiny town of McCloud, population 1,000. Named for one of the first women, Mary McCloud, to summit Mt. Shasta, this low-key town about 200 miles from Reno attracts outdoor enthusiasts to its prolific trout streams; its hiking, biking, and cross-country skiing trails; its golf courses; its majestic waterfalls and lake; and its downhill skiing resorts. Of course, lounging around in town and sipping vino, maybe doing a little shopping on the town's historic Main Street, is a perfect way to unwind, too.
The intimate McCloud River Lodge, a cozy five-room property situated at the southern slope of the snow-capped mountain, sits among towering old-growth forest and offers spectacular views of the region. Each rustic-chic room comes complete with all of the romantic rendezvous essentials to rekindle the fires of affection: in-room Jacuzzi or whirlpool tub, fireplace, and a queen-size bed. They also have complimentary Wi-Fi and cable TV with HBO.
Spruce up for dinner at the on-site Aaron's @ the Lodge, where you can savor the highest-quality certified Black Angus steaks, seafood, pasta, burgers, and daily specials. Experience first-class fare without the fuss of a fancy restaurant and with the convenience of on-site dining and evening entertainment in the lodge tavern.
"Super nice and accommodating staff, and wonderful food at the lodge. Definitely recommend a stop here!"-- LivingSocial Member
"Staff was friendly and welcoming. The rooms were spacious with a fireplace and a Jacuzzi tub. The lodge is close to Mt. Shasta and a few just a few miles from skiing...Perfect place to go during the winter months!-- LivingSocial Member
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Up to 2 vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays November 15, 2013 - February 15, 2014
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Voucher includes two cocktails or glasses of wine per night for each guest and one appetizer per night at Aaron's @ the Lodge
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Voucher valid for 2 guests
- Merchant cancellation/rescheduling policy and fees apply once booking is made; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Taxes/resort fee not included; payable directly to the property
- Incidental charges, charges for additional services and gratuity at the property are not included
- The promotional value is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- Blackout date(s): December 25-28, 31, 2013
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON February 15, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON February 15, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON February 15, 2014 • Enjoy By February 15, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings