Oktoberfest: World's Largest Beer Festival
go-today • Munich, Germany
- A Six-Day Trip to Munich for Oktoberfest ($2,399 to $2,899 per Person), Including:
- Round-Trip Flights from New York City, Washington, or Los Angeles to Munich via Lufthansa
- Double-Occupancy Accommodations for Four Nights at Vi Vadi Hotel or Similar
- Four Breakfasts
- One-Day Reservation at a Large Oktoberfest Beer Tent from 12 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Including a Half Chicken and Two Tankards of Beer
- Airline Taxes and Airline Fuel Surcharges Included
- Priced per Person Based on Double Occupancy (See Fine Print)
By noon on the first day of Munich's famed Oktoberfest, the main beer tent is already filled to the brim with thousands of revelers. Picnic tables cover an area larger than a football field, where men in lederhosen and women in dirndl sit shoulder-to-shoulder smiling, chatting, and eagerly awaiting the start of the festival. In the corner, a traditional oom-pah band tunes its instruments, poised to fill the air with stout tuba-filled polka music.
But it's only after Munich's mayor strides to the podium, taps the first keg, and proclaims "O'zapft is!" ("It is tapped!") that Oktoberfest officially roars to life. The festival hosts 14 large beer tents and as many as 20 smaller ones, each crowded with merrymakers hoisting frothy steins of Munich brews.
Just because the beer takes center stage doesn't mean the rest of the festival is mere background. The Costume and Rifleman's Parade snakes through the city center with five miles of floats, exotic animals, and dressed-up dancers. Hearty, steaming Bavarian fare (think soft dumplings and spicy sausages) piles high on every plate. And the massive carnival whirls with Ferris wheels, games, and costumed yodelers. Oktoberfest is a complete—and completely exhilarating—tribute to Bavarian culture.
So raise a glass and say "prost!" to celebrating Oktoberfest on this six-day trip to Munich, courtesy of go-today.
day 1: Board an overnight Lufthansa flight from New York City, Los Angeles, or Washington, DC to Munich.
days 2, 3, 4, and 5: After landing at the Munich airport, your time in the German city is free to spend celebrating Oktoberfest as you please. You'll stay within easy walking distance of the beer tents and other festivities. Your one-day reservation entitles you to a place inside one of the large beer tents from noon to 4:30 p.m. and includes a half chicken and two tankards of beer per person. The name of the tent and date of your reservation will be decided in May, 2014.
Four nights at Vi Vadi Hotel (or similar). Daily breakfast provided.
day 6: Return to the Munich airport to catch your flight back to the US.
New York City (NYC) departures: September 19, 2014 ($2,399); September 23, 2014 ($2,499); September 27, 2014 ($2,599)
Washington, DC (WAS) departures: September 19, 2014 ($2,499); September 23, 2014 ($2,599); September 27, 2014 ($2,699)
Los Angeles (LAX) departures: September 19, 2014 ($2,699); September 23, 2014 ($2,799); September 27, 2014 ($2,899)
"First held in 1810 to celebrate a royal wedding, Oktoberfest now hosts partiers from around the globe, visiting Munich each year to drink 6.5 million litres of beer."-- Lonely Planet
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability; all dates must be confirmed by December 4, 2013
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Merchants cancellation policy applies. For more information see www.go-today.com/gt_credit.aspx
- Rates are per person based on double occupancy. Each of two guests must purchase an Escape and arrange to stay together at the hotel. Single occupancy requires an additional fee of $700
- Includes Double-Occupancy Accommodations for Four Nights at Vi Vadi Hotel or Similar, Four Breakfasts, Oktoberfest Tent Reservation from 12 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Including a Half Chicken and Two Tankards of Beer, Airline Taxes and Airline Fuel Surcharges
- Does not include passport/visa fees, gratuities, personal or baggage insurance, meals or drinks not specified by itinerary and any costs not specified as included
- Other major US airports available for a surcharge and will be collected at time of booking
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- The promotional value is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON February 23, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON February 23, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON February 23, 2014 • Enjoy By February 23, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms