Costa Rica and Nicaragua: Mother Nature's Playground
Costa Rica Monkey Tours • Liberia, Costa Rica
- An Eight-Day Tour for Two People of Costa Rica and Nicaragua ($1,599 to $1,499) Including:
- Round-Trip Ground Transportation from Airports to Hotels and Itinerary Destinations (Flights Not Included)
- Seven Nights of Hotel Accommodations for Two People Including: One Night at Liberia Hilton Garden Inn Hotel, One Night at Baldi Hot Springs Resort & Spa, One Night at Hotel Borinquen, One Night at Hotel Colonial, and Three Nights at Hotel Villas Playa Samara
- Balsa River Rafting, Rainforest Zip Lining, Horseback Riding Tour, Las Isletas Island Boat Tour, and Volcano of Mayasa Tour
- Bilingual Guide for Entire Trip
- Daily Breakfast and Three Lunches for Two People
- Half-Off Spa Treatments at Villas Playa Samara
Natural beauty abounds no matter where you are in Costa Rica's "Gold Coast"—but the mountain paradise at the north base of Rincón de la Vieja volcano truly glitters. Here, tropical birds sing and sunlight filters through the canopy to signal the dawn in the jungle. Roaring waterfalls, the Arenal Volcano, and steaming green hot springs quench travelers' thirst for soothing—and visually stunning—experiences. Nicaragua's golden sunsets and steamy lagoons are the stuff of legends. "The Land of Lakes and Volcanoes," this Central American destination is home to the 10th largest freshwater lake in the world—covering 3,200 square miles—and 18 active volcanoes.
Come experience "pura vida" on an eight-day adventure for two people through Costa Rica and Nicaragua courtesy of Costa Rica Monkey Tours:
day 1: Board an airport shuttle for included transport to your hotel. Take the balance of the day to recover from your tip and gear up for your upcoming adventure.
Overnight at Liberia Hilton Garden Inn Hotel.
day 2: Make your way to the Arenal Volcano town of La Fortuna after breakfast for a full-day adventure, including a river-rafting adventure on the Balsa River and thermal waters and hot springs experience.
Overnight at Baldi Hot Springs Resort & Spa. Breakfast and lunch provided.
day 3: Embark on a journey to the picturesque Rincón de la Vieja region in Guanacaste. Here, on the slopes of the volcano, you'll spend the day zip lining through the forest canopy, traversing the land on a horseback riding tour, at the Mystery Waterfall, and lounging by the natural pools, a sauna, and a volcanic mud bath.
Overnight at Hotel Borinquen. Breakfast and lunch provided.
day 4: Today, you'll depart for the Nicaraguan border and the city of Granada—bursting with sherbet-hued Baroque churches and lively outdoor markets. Founded in the early 16th century, the historic city proudly bears the nickname, "The Great Sultan" in homage to its Moorish namesake in Spain. Begin on Lake Nicaragua for a boat tour of the channels of Las Isetas, small islands made by volcanic material. Spend the rest of the day at your leisure, exploring the city's churches, museums, and markets by foot or by horse-drawn carriage.
Overnight at Hotel Colonial. Breakfast and lunch provided.
days 5: Begin your morning with an impressive panoramic view of Granada from the observatory of La Merced Church. Then, head to the Masaya Volcano National Park—where roads and trails snake through five volcanoes. Hop back on the road and head back to Costa Rica. On the way, you'll stop by the artisan town of Catarina for some shopping and San Juan Del Sur, one of the best beach spots in Nicaragua.
Overnight at Hotel Villas Playa Samara. Breakfast provided.
day 6 and 7: Take these next two days to relax and enjoy some of Costa Rica's highest-rated beaches in the idyllic seaside town of Samara.
Two nights at Hotel Villas Playa Samara. Breakfast provided.
day 8: Bid farewell to Costa Rica as you board your included transfer to the airport for your separately booked flight back home.
January 6 through April 30, 2014 ($1,599)
May 1 through July 31, 2014 ($1,499)
"...look out over gorgeous colonial Granada and her hundreds of tiny tropical isletas (islets), across the slender isthmus pockmarked with crater lakes to where the Pacific breaks hollow on sandy cove beaches."-- Lonely Planet
"Costa Rica is sometimes referred to as the Switzerland of Central America because of its comfortable lifestyle, peaceful democracy, and overwhelming natural beauty...The waves are prime, the beauty is staggering, and the sluggish pace seductive."-- Lonely Planet
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Call 800-774-5228 or visit www.costaricamonkeytours.com to check availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Must arrive on Mondays or Thursdays
- 50% cancellation fee applies after you've confirmed your booking with the property; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Voucher valid for up to 2 guests
- Some Adventure tours have ages, height, weight and health restrictions; call with questions
- Valid passport required to travel
- Must sign waivers for all tours where applicable
- Credit card & ID required at booking & check-in
- Scheduled traveling is mandatory you cannot skip any activities or traveling otherwise you will need to cover any additional costs
- Credit card information and photo ID is required at check-in; must be 18 or over to check-in
- 15% tax not included; payable directly to the property at booking
- Before international travel, always check the State Department's website for important info on the destination and its entry/exit requirements
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- The promotional value is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON July 31, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON March 15, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON July 31, 2014 • Enjoy By July 31, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings