Costa Rica Monkey Tours
Costa Rica Monkey Tours • San José Province, Costa Rica
- 8-day/7-night Jewels of Costa Rica tour for two, valid for departure on Friday and Sunday only
- Option 1: $1,249 for a stay valid for travel 4/18/17–7/6/17 (up to a $2,798 value)
- Option 2: $1,349 for a stay valid for travel 9/1/17–9/30/17 (up to a $2,798 value)
- Option 3: $1,399 for a stay valid for travel 8/4/17–8/31/17 (up to a $2,798 value)
- Option 4: $1,499 for a stay valid for travel 7/7/17–8/3/17 (up to a $2,798 value)
- Book by: 6/11/17
8-Day Jewels of Costa Rica Tour
Costa Rica's vibrant landscape comes to life on this 8-day vacation, which takes you on tours of the country from its capital city, San José, to beaches lined with mangrove trees and dense cloud forests dotted with volcanoes. We've rounded up some of our favorite stops below, and you can view an adventure-packed itinerary here. This tour from Costa Rica Monkey Tours includes:
- 1 night of accommodations at the 4-star DoubleTree by Hilton Cariari or similar in San José
- 2 nights of accommodations at Mountain Paradise Hotel or similar in the Arenal Volcano area
- 2 nights of accommodations at Hotel Villas Playa Sámara or similar in Guanacaste
- 1 night of accommodations at Hotel El Establo or similar in Monteverde
- 1 night of accommodations at Hotel Tramonto or similar in Playa Hermosa
- Daily breakfast
- Whitewater-rafting tour on the Balsa River (Class II and III river) from Wave Expeditions
- Entrance to La Paz Waterfall
- Entrance and visit to the Poás Volcano National Park
- Zipline and rainforest gondola tour from Sky Trek Adventures
- Rainforest hanging-bridges tour
- Vertigo drop from Sky Adventures
- Crocodiles sightseeing tour over the Tarcoles River
- Entrance and guided tour of Manuel Antonio National Park
- English-certified guide
- All transfers
- Dedicated bus with private bilingual driver throughout the adventure tour
Day 1: Arrive in San José
The hotel staff greets you at Juan Santamaría International Airport in Cost Rica's capital city, San José, where you'll hop aboard a complimentary shuttle to the award-winning DoubleTree by Hilton Cariari hotel. Rest up to prep for tomorrow's adventures, or have a traditional dinner at one of the restaurants in town.
Day 2: Poás Volcano
An early breakfast kicks off the tour, giving you ample fuel for hiking to the rim of Poás Volcano in Poás Volcano National Park. From Poás, the group drives to La Paz Waterfall Gardens. U.S. News & World Report ranked this nature park among Costa Rica's top attractions. Its residents include butterflies, jaguars, and other rare wildlife.
The day comes to a close with a drive north toward Costa Rica's Northern Plains and the crown jewel of Arenal Volcano. Soothe your muscles by soaking in the pool at Mountain Paradise Hotel.
Day 3: Arenal Volcano
Today's adventure-packed afternoon includes whitewater rafting on the Balsa River or a hike in the national park.
The evening is set aside for leisure time, so you can relax at the hotel spa, or venture out to explore Arenal Volcano National Park's nearly 30,000 acres of misty cloud forests, petrified lava fields, and the tranquil Lake Arenal. Its can't-miss centerpiece is the conical, 5,000-foot-high Arenal Volcano.
Days 4 and 5: Guanacaste
Journey westward to reach the sunlit shores of Costa Rica's Gold Coast, known to the locals as Guanacaste. The next 2 days include leisure time to lounge on the beach; alternatively, you can take a kayak tour to Isla Chora or a charter fishing cruise (fees apply).
Day 6: Monteverde Cloud Forest
Head southeast to Monteverde Cloud Forest. Here, you can walk on hanging bridges that weave through the misty treetops and zipline beneath a canopy of lush green via the included Sky Walk, Sky Tram, and Sky Trek tours. The park features more than 400 types of rare orchids and a wild butterfly garden.
Day 7: Manuel Antonio National Park
You can spot sloths on Manuel Antonio's more than 140,000 acres, as well as toucans and macaws. A guided tour helps you identify the wildlife and exotic tropical plants. After dark, enjoy the breeze of the beach during your stay at Hotel Tramonto or dance to live music on the warm sands of Jaco Beach.
Day 8: Head Home
After a fun-filled trip, you'll take a 7 a.m. shuttle to Juan Santamaría International Airport in time for your flight back to the United States. (Trips to the airport take about two hours.)
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best way to travel to the hotel from the airport? The best airport to fly in/out of is Juan Santamaría International Airport (airport code: SJO). A complimentary shuttle is included with this package.
2. Is there an additional occupancy fee, or do I have to purchase another LivingSocial? This deal is for two people; however, up to two additional persons can be added in the same room at $799/adult and $699/kid for kids under 12 for the whole package.
3. Which activities and amenities are included in the resort credits? Resort credits are not offered with this LivingSocial voucher.
4. Are dinner reservations required for restaurants? Is there a dress code? Please contact the tour company at (800) 774-5228 regarding reservation or dress code information.
We had a great time last June with our Costa Rica monkey tours. Fabulous vacation/adventure!-- LivingSocial Member
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 2 per customer, up to 2 additional as gifts; up to 2 vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Book-by date: customer must contact merchant by June 11, 2017 to make booking
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Credit card information and photo ID is required at check-in; must be 18 or over to check-in
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 30 days in advance of scheduled arrival; voucher subject to forfeiture and cancellation fee of 50% of voucher price
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Voucher excludes airfare
- Taxes/resort fee not included; payable directly to the property
- Incidental charges, charges for additional services, and gratuity at the property are not included
- Voucher valid for 2 guests
- Must present valid US or Canadian ID at check-in
- The promotional value is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON June 11, 2017 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON April 28, 2022 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON June 11, 2017 • Enjoy By June 11, 2017
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
enjoy $1549 savings
- 55% savings