Middle-earth Is Closer than You Think
Down Under Answers •
- A 14-Day Trip to New Zealand ($2,599 to $3,099 per Person), Including:
- Round-Trip Flights from Los Angeles to Auckland, Rotorua to Queenstown, and Queenstown to Auckland to Los Angeles
- Four Nights at the Mercure Auckland, Three Nights at the Sudima Hotel Lake Rotorua, and Four Nights at the Mercure Queenstown Resort
- Two-Hour America's Cup Experience
- Auckland to Rotorua Hobbiton Express Tour
- Agroventures NZ Adventure Pass
- Safari of the Scenes Tour
- In-Country Ground Transportation
- Airline Taxes and Fuel Surcharges
Auckland is perched on a narrow isthmus at the northern tip of New Zealand. Gazing out at the hundreds of boats docked at Waitemata Harbour, it's easy to see how the "City of Sails" got its name. More than one million people—including indigenous Māori, Southeast Asians, and the world's largest community of expats—call this thoroughly cosmopolitan city home.
Travel deeper south to discover Rotorua, a thrilling geothermal hot-spot brimming with breathtaking geysers, hot springs, and bubbling mud pools. It's here that visitors relish the chance to visit scenes from The Hobbit Trilogy, which recently finished filming for The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug. And on the South Island lies the adventure capital of the world: Queenstown. Overlooking Lake Wakatipu, with the aptly named Remarkables mountain range setting the backdrop, this popular tourist town is a must-do for thrill seekers. Experience it all, courtesy of Down Under Answers. © Warner Bros. Ent. TM Paul Zaentz Co.
days 1 and 2: Depart the United States aboard Air New Zealand for your flight to Auckland, during which you'll cross the International Dateline and lose one day.
day 3: Upon arrival in Auckland you'll meet your transfer that will take you to the Mercure Auckland, where you'll check in for four nights.
Overnight at Mercure Auckland.
days 4, 5, and 6: Auckland, which sits between the Waitemata and Manukau Harbours, is nothing if not a city of seafarers. Make like a local and set sail on an America's Cup yacht for a cruise around Auckland's harbor.
Three nights at Mercure Auckland.
day 7: Check out of your hotel and meet your tour, which takes you from Auckland to Rotorua via the Hobbiton Movie Set. Get lost among the Hobbit-holes and visit the Green Dragon Inn, the mill, and the Party Tree. Listen to spellbinding tales of how Hobbiton came to be. Upon arrival in Rotorua you'll check in to the Sudima Hotel Lake Rotorua for three nights.
Overnight at the Sudima Hotel Lake Rotorua.
days 8 and 9: Rotorua is a geothermal wonderland, with geysers, boiling mud pools, and steaming craters. It is also rich with Maori history and culture, providing visitors with many opportunities to learn about this fascinating culture. Get ready for some serious fun when you visit Agroventures with an NZ Adventure Pass. The Agroventures adventure hub offers some seriously fun activities in one beautiful location.
Two nights at the Sudima Hotel Lake Rotorua.
day 10: Today you will check out of your hotel in Rotorua and take your transfer to the airport for your flight to Queenstown. On arrival in Queenstown you will meet your transfer and be taken to the Mercure Queenstown, where you will check in to a Lake View Room for four nights.
Overnight at the Mercure Queenstown Resort.
days 11, 12, and 13: Queenstown's natural beauty changes with the seasons, making it a great year-round destination. The lake shines in the summer sun, and snow-clad mountains tower above the township in winter. Jump aboard the Safari of the Scenes tour and take a scenic sightseeing tour to many film locations in and around Queenstown.
Three nights at the Mercure Queenstown Resort.
day 14: Today your Middle-earth vacation is over when you are transferred back to the Queenstown Airport for your flight back to the US via Auckland. Unless, of course, you want to extend your vacation.
Los Angeles (LAX) departures: April 18, 21, 25, or 28 ($2,699); May 6, 10, 13, 17, 20, 24, or 27 ($2,599); June 26, July 1, 3, 8, 10, 15, or 17 ($3,099)
"New Zealand is one of the quirkiest, quaintest, craziest places on earth. It's one of the most favored destinations of the new millennium, and before you've even left here, you'll want to come back."-- Frommer's
escapes 30-day promise
the fine print
- Vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Please contact Down Under Answers to check availability before purchasing your vouchers
- Reservations required and subject to availability; must provide two voucher numbers when confirming reservations for double occupancy purchases
- Reservations must be confirmed by December 30, 2013
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Rates are per person based on double occupancy. Each of two guests must purchase an Escape and arrange to stay together at the hotel. Single occupancy requires an additional fee of $799
- Package is non-refundable once booked, $300 fee to make changes plus airline and hotel fees; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Voucher and airfare are non-refundable once booked
- Credit card information and photo ID is required at check-in; must be 18 or over to check-in
- Hotels and routing are subject to change based on availability
- Includes Four Nights at the Mercure Auckland, Three Nights at the Sudima Hotel Lake Rotorua, and Four Nights at the Mercure Queenstown Resort, Two-Hour America's Cup Experience, Auckland to Rotorua Hobbiton Express Tour, Agroventures NZ Adventure Pass, Safari of the Scenes Tour, In-Country Ground Transportation, Airline Taxes and Fuel Surcharges
- Does not include visa fees, gratuities to drivers and local guides, meals and beverages other than specified, personal and baggage insurance, and costs for anything not specified above
- Some tours are subject to road and weather conditions
- Review the State Department's website for passport/visa requirements and important announcements before traveling to your destination
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Valid only for date/option bought
- All stays must be completed within date range listed on voucher
- The promotional value is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON July 17, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON March 17, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON July 17, 2014 • Enjoy By July 17, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings