A Jungle Paradise on Belize's Moho River
Cotton Tree Lodge • Toledo, Belize
- A Four-Night ($469) or Five-Night ($549) Stay for Two in a Garden Vista Room
- Or, a Four-Night ($639) or Five-Night ($749) Stay for Two Adults and Two Children 12 and Under in a Family Cabana
- Daily Breakfast for Each Guest
- Round-Trip Ground Transfers Between Punta Gorda and Cotton Tree
- Tour on Day of Your Choice for Each Guest
- Combine Vouchers to Stay Up to Ten Days
Experience the jungles of Belize—ruins, waterfalls, caves, chocolate-making, and more—on a seven-day trip to the banks of the Moho River.
Like turning cacao into chocolate, the Toledo District of southern Belize melts Mayan ancestry with the Garinagu, Mestizo, Creoles, East Indian, Chinese, and Mennonite traditions. The mix lends a curious and charismatic character to this unassuming Mayan village of San Felipe. Largely off the grid—many parts of town rely on solar power for a majority of electricity—and out of the sight lines of traditional tourists, this relatively untouched tropical paradise promises visitors what often proves elusive on vacation—a true Escape.
Most accessible by boat (though road travel is available also), Cotton Tree Lodge takes you out of the ordinary and into your own private paradise. Garden Vista Rooms lie on the bank of the Moho River and feature private balconies, private baths, ceiling fans, louvered shutters, hand-woven Mayan textiles, and plenty of purified drinking water. Each Family Cabana offers the same amenities but features two floors, with a queen bed upstairs and two twin beds in a loft.
Wake to the song of toucans, yellow-backed orioles, and red-vented woodpeckers as you enjoy a daily breakfast of Belizean and American favorites with fresh tropical fruit—the on-site organic garden and orchard as well as local farmers supply the ingredients. Cotton Tree's 100 private acres are ideal for medicinal plant walks, tracking tart cacao, and taking to the trails by bike or horseback. Lapse into bliss on the floating dock, kayak on the Mojo River, or sink into a hammock-fueled repose, falling asleep to the sound of howler monkeys.
Local guides fluent in English and Mayan dialects quickly turn the Toledo District into your second home. Get caught up in Garifuna drumming grooves as you tour living Mayan villages and encounter remarkable stonework at ruins like Lubaantun. Hike and swim Blue Creek Cave, a gateway to the Mayan underworld. Leap from the Rio Blanco Waterfalls or let your senses plunge on a Mayan chocolate-making excursion. Snorkel Snake Caye or strap on your scuba gear to explore the Mesoamerican Barrier Reef—the second largest in the world.
"Opened in late 2006, [the lodge] sits beside the Moho River about 15 miles from Punta Gorda. Guests are usually brought in by boat (though you can also come by road) and stay in one of the thatch cabañas sitting among wild fig trees along the [river]."-- Read Fodor's Review of Cotton Tree Lodge
escapes 30-day promise
the fine print
- Up to 2 vouchers may be used to extend stay
- Only valid for stays between now and July 15, 2014
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- 60-day cancellation/re-scheduling notice or fee up to 25% of LivingSocial price applies; 30-day notice or fee up to LivingSocial price applies
- In addition all cancellations/re-scheduling subject to $100 fee; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Family Cabanas are valid for 2 adults and 2 children 12 and younger; contact property for supplemental pricing
- Airfare not included
- Taxes (11%) and service charge (10%) are not included; payable directly to the property at booking
- Valid only for option purchased
- Credit card information and photo ID is required at booking and check-in; must be 18 or over to check-in
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON July 15, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON July 15, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON July 15, 2014 • Enjoy By July 15, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings