A Cottage, Cooking Classes & Snorkeling in Negril
Banana Shout Resort • Negril, Jamaica
- A Five-Night Stay for Two Between Now and March 31, 2014 ($700) or Between April 1 and December 31, 2014 ($450)
- Daily Breakfast for Two
- Cooking Class for Two
- Island Cocktail Lesson for Two, Plus $20 Bar Credit
- Snorkeling Excursion for Two
- 50% Off Italian Dinner for Two, Plus Dessert
- Combine Unlimited Vouchers for an Extended Stay
A funky beach town on the far western tip of Jamaica, Negril's fun-in-the-sun attitude has made it a fixture on top ten lists for its white-sand beaches and laid-back culture. Here, lines of swaying palms part to reveal shady lagoons where schools of fish weave in and out of vibrant coral reefs. Drop a straw directly into a coconut as you melt into a lounge chair, then trade your flip-flops for sneakers: The island's Jurassic-like landscape beckons with waterfalls and hiking trails in the misty forests below the Blue Mountains.
On the western edge of Negril, less than half a mile from the historic lighthouse, the recently renovated Banana Shout Resort is swaddled in boutique charm. This three-time Certificate of Excellence Winner is completely handmade by locals; distractions such as TVs are nowhere to be found; and in lieu of air-conditioning, guests are treated to a natural sea breeze that wafts into each cottage. Don't worry: There's also a ceiling fan for especially balmy evenings.
Perched on the edge of a 30-foot cliff overlooking the Caribbean, each of four vibrantly decorated cottages offers access to a set of tiered sun decks, and a freshwater shower—built into a cave, no less—treats guests to the natural exuberance of local life in Jamaica. Each romantic cottage is enveloped by tropical foliage and appointed with relaxing hammocks; a kitchenette with refrigerator, hot plate, and utensils; and either a king, queen, or two double beds.
Relaxation? That's inevitable. But what truly sets Banana Shout apart are the activities that only guests can experience. Days begin with a breakfast of natural juices, crêpes, and other fresh dishes at the open-air Dolphin Bar, where you'll also be treated to a 90-minute cocktail lesson for two, which includes drinks, snacks, and live music. Come dinnertime, partake in a two-hour cooking class. Both classes are taught by local instructors whose menus feature the freshest island produce and traditional Jamaican recipes, the result of which you'll have the pleasure of indulging in afterward.
When it comes time to snorkel, you'll descend the bluffs on a ladder and enter into a private cove. During the 90-minute adventure, you'll see tropical fish teeming among the coral reefs just a few feet off shore. Afterward, head to nearby Rick's Cafe, one of the most famous haunts of West Negril, for an aprés-snorkel cocktail with locals and visitors alike.
"Occupying a particularly choice bit of clifftop turf, these cheerful green and orange cabins perched over the sea are offbeat and homey."-- Lonely Planet
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Merchant cancellation/rescheduling policy and fees apply once booking is made; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Voucher valid for up to 2 guests
- Airfare not included
- Taxes/resort fee not included; payable directly to the property
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- The promotional value is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON December 22, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON December 22, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON December 22, 2014 • Enjoy By December 22, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings