Explore a Historic Ghost Town in the Big Bend Area
La Posada Milagro • Terlingua, TX
- A One-Night Stay for Two People in the Santa Elena or San Carlos Room ($95)
- Or, a One-Night Stay for Two People in the Chisos Suite ($105)
- Or, a One-Night Stay for Up to Three People in the Big Bend Bunkroom ($118)
- Combine Vouchers to Stay for Up to Three Nights
Resurrected from historical ruins, this rustic inn has more than a century of character.
In Terlingua, tall tales dominate the dialogue, inspiring guests to relive the days of the Old West. Located 100 miles from Marfa—just minutes from Big Bend National Park—this authentic ghost town was once home to a thriving cinnabar mining operation, with more than 2,000 people calling its cactus-speckled streets home. But when demand for the ore dwindled, residents abruptly deserted the tiny town, leaving behind their homes, businesses, and belongings. Today, the village's ruins stand alongside revitalized lodgings, an internationally acclaimed restaurant, and a fully operational saloon.
Built upon the foundations of old ruins, La Posada Milagro plays the role of a charming safe haven in the rustic landscape of Terlingua. A spectacular restoration of original architecture, the rustic hotel boasts four unique rooms with shared bath and shower facilities. In addition to offering amazing views of the Chisos Mountains, all accommodations are equipped with air conditioning, complimentary bottled water, and Wi-Fi, plus coffee and Milano cookies to snack on. If you're not afraid of the dark, request a cot from the front desk. Furnished with pillows, linens, and a handmade Mexican quilt, the temporary beds are perfect for sleeping under the stars.
"The view of the Chisos Mountains in nearby Big Bend National Park, the bustling bar down the hill, the eclectic mix of writers, artists, loners, outfitters and entrepreneurs who live in Terlingua—it's all a bit of a marvel."-- Statesman.com
"A wonderful place! It felt like we were starring in an old Western movie with all the wide-open spaces."-- LivingSocial Member
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 3 per customer, additional as gifts; up to 3 vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays now - August 14, 2015
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Voucher valid for 2 guests (Santa Elena, San Carlos, or Chisos Suite) or up to 3 guests (Bunkroom)
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 2 weeks in advance of scheduled arrival; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Taxes/resort fee not included; payable directly to the property
- Incidental charges, charges for additional services and gratuity at the property are not included
- Pets are allowed
- Credit card information and photo ID is required at check-in
- Blackout date(s): August 30 - September 1, 2014; October 11-20, 28-31, 2014; November 1-10, 18-30, 2014; December 15-31, 2014; January 1-5, 2015; February 13-16, 2015; March 1-31, 2015; April 1-20, 2015; May 1-16, 2015
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON November 12, 2015 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON April 28, 2020 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON November 12, 2015 • Enjoy By November 12, 2015
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings