Journey to the Past and Future in Cutting-Edge Tokyo
- A Seven-Day Trip to Tokyo ($1,599 to $1,699 per Person), Including:
- Round-Trip International Flights from Los Angeles to Tokyo with Monday Through Thursday Departures
- Round-Trip Coach Transportation Between Airport and Hotel
- Double-Occupancy Accommodations for Five Nights at the Hilton Tokyo in Shinjuku, Tokyo Prefecture
- Five Breakfasts
- Half-Day Tokyo City Tour by Coach
- Airline Taxes, Fuel Surcharges, and Entrance Fees Included
- Priced per Person Based on Double Occupancy (See Fine Print)
- After Purchase, Follow Your Voucher's Redemption Instructions to Complete Your Reservation by August 6, 2015
The fast pace of Tokyo may make this seven-day trip feel like a whirlwind adventure, but Globotours will help you pack a lifetime of memories into every minute.
Teeming with people, skyscrapers, and tradition, Tokyo presents travelers with the ultimate urban jungle. Glittering, contemporary architecture dominates the horizon—the city was forced to rebuild after an earthquake in the 1920s and again after the bombings of World War II. But the sight of Mount Fuji in the distance and the delicate fragrance of cherry blossoms and bonsai gardens provide a sense of stability amidst the frenzy and modernity.
With the help of one of the most efficient public transportation systems around, you'll quickly learn to navigate the neighborhoods of Japan's capital, the largest metropolitan area in the world. Feast on fresh sushi or dine at the food stalls in the markets, where gyoza and ramen are made using generations-old recipes. Shop for name-brand clothing and accessories in the Ginza district, then check out the latest technology in Akihabara—also known as Electric Town. For true entertainment, take in a traditional kabuki theatre show, or marvel at the sheer size of the sumo wrestlers at the Ryōgoku Kokugikan arena. Tokyo's neon nightlife is virtually unmatched—this city's inhabitants work hard and play hard.
Day 1: Departure
• Board your overnight flight from Los Angeles to Narita International Airport in Tokyo
• You'll lose a calendar day crossing the International Date Line, but gain it back on your return flight
Day 2: Arrival
• Arrive in Tokyo and board the airport limousine bus to your hotel
• Your centrally located hotel features stunning city views and modern amenities
• Play tennis on the rooftop court or swim laps in the indoor pool
• Hit the 24-hour health club to soak in the sauna, whirlpool, or authentic Japanese bath
Overnight at the Hilton Tokyo.
Day 3: Tour the city
• Board a coach for your included tour of famous and historical landmarks
• Take in a panoramic view of Tokyo from the main observation platform of the Tokyo Tower
• Travel to the peaceful, picturesque Meiji Shrine
• Drive by the State Guest Houses at Akasaka Palace and the National Diet Building, where both houses of the Diet of Japan meet
• Walk through the east garden of the Imperial Palace, visiting the inner moat
• End up at the Ginza District, a world-famous shopping mecca featuring luxury brands
Overnight at Hilton Tokyo. Breakfast provided.
Days 4-6: Tokyo
• Spend the next three days exploring Tokyo on your own
• See shops selling every technological gadget you can imagine in Akihabara
• Sip a martini in the Roppongi District, a popular spot for nightclubs, restaurants, and bars
• Opt for day trips to Mt. Fuji, Hakone National Park, or Nikko World Heritage Tour
Overnight at Hilton Tokyo or similar. Daily breakfast provided.
Day 7: Return flight
• Say sayōnara to this scintillating country as you check out of your hotel
• Take the limo bus to the airport, and board your flight back to Los Angeles
Monday through Thursday departures from Los Angeles (LAX):
• Weekend flights are available (subject to availability) for an additional $60
• All other major US airports are also available for departure for additional fees
• Voucher price is based on two people sharing a room—single travelers pay an additional $600
Nearly a quarter century in the making, Globotours has become an international leader in Asian tourism. With the goal of catering to customers' needs via small-group tours and local guides, this first-rate tour provider promotes both socially responsible and culturally sensitive travel. And while Globotours offers trips to big-name destinations such as Beijing, Tokyo, and Hong Kong, it's the company's under-the-radar locales such as Myanmar, Bhutan, and Mongolia that set it apart.
Tokyo has everything you can ask of a city, and has it in spades: a rich, cosmopolitan dining scene, more cafes and bars than you could visit in a lifetime, fantastic public transportation and grassy parks—plus it's clean and safe. What's not to love?-- Lonely Planet
Everything went according to the itinerary and [the guide] was very reassuring, since none of us speak Japanese. Great experience! We have tried other agencies, but we were not comfortable with them.Thank you Globotours!-- LivingSocial Member
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Book by date: customer must contact merchant by August 6, 2015 to make booking
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- All prices are per person, double occupancy, subject to availability, and other restrictions that may apply
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Voucher includes round-trip international Flights from Los Angeles to Tokyo with Monday through Thursday departures, round-trip coach transportation between airport and hotel; double occupancy accomodations for 5 nights at the Hilton Tokyo in Shinjuku, Tokyo Prefecture; 5 breakfasts; half-day Tokyo City Tour by coach; airline taxes, fuel surcharges, and entrance fees
- Prices listed are valid for outbound travel from Monday to Thursday. Fares for travel on weekends (Friday - Sunday) are $60 higher; all dates subject to availability
- All other major US airports available for a surcharge to be collected at time of booking
- Voucher does not include passport/visa fees, gratuities, personal or baggage insurance, meals or drinks not specified by itinerary, any costs not specified as included
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during 1 stay
- Double occupancy: rates are per person based on double occupancy (2 people sharing a room). Each of 2 guests must purchase an Escape and arrange to stay together at the property. Single occupancy requires an additional fee of $600
- Merchants cancellation policy applies. For more information, please see globotours.net/Terms.aspx
- Upon confirmation of your reservation, vouchers will be considered used and 100% non-refundable
- Incidental charges, charges for additional services, and gratuity at the property are not included
- Passports are required for all international destinations with a minimum validity of 6 months beyond the completion of your trip and sufficient blank pages for visas and immigration stamps. Passengers are solely responsible for all their travel requirements
- For non-US passport holders, please contact the nearest diplomatic or consular office of the country or countries to be visited and obtain the specific requirements for entry
- You must have a valid passport and an onward/return ticket for tourist/business "visa free" stays of up to 90 days. Your passports must be valid for the entire time you are staying in Japan. U.S. citizens cannot work on a 90-day "visa free" entry. As a general rule, "visa free" entry status may not be changed to another visa status without departing and then re-entering Japan with the appropriate visa, such as a spouse, work, or study visa.
- The promotional value is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON August 6, 2015 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON August 3, 2020 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON August 6, 2015 • Enjoy By August 6, 2015
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms