Explore New Zealand & Hawaii in a Rental Car + Flights
- An 11-Day Trip to New Zealand's North Island and Honolulu, Hawaii ($1,999 to $2,099 per Person), Including:
- International and Domestic Round-Trip Flights Between Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, Oakland, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Phoenix, Portland, or Seattle; Honolulu, Hawaii; and Auckland, New Zealand
- Double-Occupancy Accommodations for Two Nights at Copthorne Auckland City Hotel in Auckland, Two Nights at Copthorne Hotel Rotorua in Rotorua, Two Nights at Fountain Court Motor Inn in Napier, One Night in Lakeland Resort Taupo in Taupo, and Two Nights at White Sands Hotel Honolulu in Honolulu
- Six-Day Compact Automatic Car Rental
- Airline Taxes, Fuel Surcharges, and Hotel and Resort Fees
- Priced per Person Based on Double Occupancy (See Fine Print)
Explore Hawaii and New Zealand's North Island—flights and rental car included—courtesy of PacificIslands.com.
Uncharted territory. New Zealand's North Island might be smaller than its southern counterpart, but it still ranks as one of the world's largest volcanic islands—packed with gorgeous beaches, hot springs, and a bevy of other natural wonders. Hopping from city to city, you'll see that the scenery is breathtaking wherever you go.
Outdoor adventure. From bubbling mud pools in Rotorua and hiking trails in Auckland to the waters of Lake Taupo—perfect for sailing, kayaking, and fishing—New Zealand's North Island is a dream for outdoor enthusiasts. Few places in the world can boast volcanoes, forests, mountains, and beaches all on the same island, but that's what makes the North Island unique.
The finer things in life. When it comes to food and drink, New Zealand's North Island is known for seafood, wine, and seasonal fare—thanks to both its remote geography and temperate climate. Artisan cheese, honey, and chocolate aren't tough to find among so many local, rural food growers, while endless vineyards populate New Zealand's world-renowned wineries.
From temperate to tropical. Emerging from the azure waters of the South Pacific, Honolulu's world-famous Waikiki Beach awaits. White sand beaches, palm trees, and colorful cocktails await, though there's more to this Hawaiian city than just relaxing in the sunny weather and admiring turquoise waters. Restaurants, shopping, music, and entertainment await in Hawaii's capital city, as do opportunities for surfing and kayaking.
day 1: Board a morning flight to Honolulu, where you'll catch a connecting flight to Auckland.
day 2: Once in Auckland, you'll be transferred to your hotel.
Overnight at Copthorne Auckland City Hotel or similar.
days 3 and 4: Head to the downtown depot and pick up your rental car so you can drive about three hours south to Rotorua. Along the way, you could visit the famous Waitomo Glowworm Caves and take a boat ride beneath thousands of glowworms that'll light your way, a magical stop along your journey. Take the days to explore on your own, as there are plenty of geysers, mud pools, and thermal springs to see while you experience Maori culture.
Two nights at Copthorne Hotel Rotorua or similar.
days 5 and 6: Travel southeast to Napier, the art deco capital of New Zealand. Beyond the opportunity to explore the country's history, marvel at the city's architecture, and see the eastern coast, you'll also be near the famed Hawke's Bay wine country.
Two nights at Fountain Court Motor Inn or similar.
day 7: Travel north to Taupo, where the views of the magnificent Lake Taupo and surrounding mountains are unmatched.
Overnight at Lakeland Resort Taupo or similar.
day 8: Circle back to Auckland, where you started your North Island journey, for another chance to see the city. The observation deck of the Auckland Sky Tower—the tallest structure in the Southern Hemisphere—offers panoramic views, though cruises via chartered yacht on Waitemata Harbour provide a look at the city from water level as well.
Overnight at Copthorne Auckland City Hotel or similar.
days 9 and 10: Now, it's time to fly back to Honolulu—where a two-night stopover allows plenty of time for relaxing alongside Waikiki Beach. Swimming, surfing, and shopping are all popular along the beach, and there's no shortage of fine dining restaurants either.
Two nights at White Sands Hotel Honolulu or similar.
day 11: Fly back to the US from Honolulu.
Los Angeles (LAX), San Diego (SAN), San Francisco (SFO), San Jose (SJC), Oakland (OAK), Sacramento (SMF), Las Vegas (LAS), Phoenix (PHX), Portland (PDX), and Seattle (SEA) departures:
4/6, 5/13, 5/15, 5/25, 8/19, 8/28, 9/2, 9/7, 9/11 ($1,999)
6/5, 6/12, 6/29, 7/3, 8/7, 8/10 ($2,099)
Priced per person based on double occupancy; see fine print.
"There aren't many places on this lonely planet where travellers are so well catered for—in terms of both man-made enticements and splendours of the natural realm."-- Lonely Planet
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 2 per customer, up to 2 additional as gifts; vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Book by date: customer must contact merchant by February 21, 2015 to make booking
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Voucher includes international and domestic round-trip flights between Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, Oakland, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Phoenix, Portland, or Seattle; Honolulu, Hawaii; and Auckland, New Zealand, double-occupancy accommodations for 2 nights at Copthorne Auckland City Hotel in Auckland, 2 nights at Copthorne Hotel Rotorua in Rotorua, 2 nights at Fountain Court Motor Inn in Napier, 1 night in Lakeland Resort Taupo in Taupo, and 2 nights at White Sands Hotel Honolulu in Honolulu, 6-day compact automatic car rental, airline taxes, fuel surcharges, and hotel and resort fees
- All other major US airports available for a surcharge to be collected at time of booking
- Voucher does not include passport/visa fees, gratuities, personal or baggage insurance, meals or drinks not specified by itinerary, any costs not specified as included, parking, gas, and activities
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Double Occupancy: rates are per person based on double occupancy (two people sharing a room). Each of two guests must purchase an Escape and arrange to stay together at the property. Single occupancy requires an additional fee of $700 due at booking. Please consult travel agents for roommate-matching
- Merchant cancellation/rescheduling policy and fees apply once booking is made
- Taxes not included; payable directly to the property
- Review the State Department's website for passport/visa requirements and important announcements before traveling to your destination
- All deal components must be redeemed during one trip; voucher cannot be used for only room and ticket or return flight will be canceled
- The promotional value is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON September 11, 2015 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON March 4, 2020 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON September 11, 2015 • Enjoy By September 11, 2015
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings