Iconic Italy in Rome, Florence, and Venice
- An 11-Day Trip to Rome, Florence, and Venice ($1,999 to $2,999 per Person), Including:
- Flight from New York, Los Angeles, or Washington, DC to Rome and Return Flight from Venice to the US
- Second-Class Rail Transportation from Rome to Florence and Florence to Venice
- Double-Occupancy Accommodations for Three Nights at the Worldhotel Ripa Roma, Cardinal Hotel St. Peter, or Holiday Inn Express Rome San Giovanni (or Similar) in Rome; Three Nights at the Hotel de la Pace, Hotel Silla, or Hotel Magenta (or Similar) in Florence; and Three Nights at the Hotel Alexander, Hotel Alle Guglie, or Hotel Ca' d'Oro (or Similar) in Venice
- Nine Breakfasts
- Two-Day Pass for Hop-On, Hop-Off Tour of Rome
- Two-Day Pass for Hop-On, Hop-Off Tour of Florence
- Walking Tour of Venice
- Priced per Person Based on Double Occupancy (See Fine Print)
- Airline Taxes and Fuel Surcharges Included
All roads lead to Rome—and it's clear why. This former seat of the Roman Empire remains one of the cultural capitals of the world. Hop on a moped to travel the city's seven hills from monument to museum to landmark. Spanning millennia of history, the Eternal City is home to the ancient ruins of the Colosseum and the Forum; the baroque opulence of St. Peter's Basilica and the Vatican; and a culinary tradition that includes some of the best pizzerias and gelaterias on the continent.
As the birthplace of the Italian Renaissance, Florence holds a special place in the world of art. The Duomo dominates the skyline and breathtaking art is found at every turn: see Botticelli's The Birth of Venus at the Uffizi Gallery, Michelangelo's David at the Accademia, and learn the history of fashion at the Gucci Museum. But don't neglect your other senses—Florence is also home to world-renowned Tuscan cuisine.
Famed for its serene canals and preserved Renaissance architecture, Venice is a city best viewed from a gondola. More than 100 islands connect by a network of canals to make up the main city, so visitors never run out of nooks and crannies to investigate. Catch a show in the gilded La Fenice opera house, see stunning architecture of St. Mark's Basilica overlooking the Piazza San Marco, and spend an afternoon strolling the car-free walkways and bridges of the city center.
Three cities with singular personalities form the trifecta of iconic Italy. Experience them all with this Escape courtesy of go-today.
day 1: You'll board your overnight flight from the US to Rome.
days 2, 3, and 4: Once you land in Rome, transfer from the airport to your hotel for the next three nights. An open schedule allows you to spend the days as you please. Explore on your own, or use your two-day pass to see the sights on a hop-on, hop-off bus tour of Rome. The route shows you St. Peter's Basilica—approached through the grand elliptical Piazza—the famed Swiss Guardsmen of the Vatican, the Colosseum, the Trevi Fountain, and the Spanish Steps.
Three nights at the Worldhotel Ripa Roma, Cardinal Hotel St. Peter, or Holiday Inn Express Rome San Giovanni (or similar). Daily breakfast provided.
days 5, 6, and 7: A train will bring you from Rome to Florence, where you'll spend three nights. A two-day pass gives you access to hop-on, hop-off tours of Florence. Two routes take visitors by the Duomo, the Basilica di Santa Croce, and the Uffizi Gallery, among other sights. Along the way, you'll also see the important works of Italian Renaissance masters Michelangelo, Leonardo, Donatello, and Raphael.
Three nights at the Hotel de la Pace, Hotel Silla, or Hotel Magenta (or similar). Daily breakfast provided.
days 8, 9, and 10: After catching a train from Florence, arrive in Venice for a three-night stay. Choose one morning to take a 1.5-hour walking tour of Venice. The outdoor route begins at Piazza San Marco and includes stops at St. Mark's Basilica, the Doge's Palace, and Santa Maria Formosa, with history and anecdotes narrated along the way. You'll also make your way to the Marco Polo House and the Malibran Theater.
Three nights at the Hotel Alexander, Hotel Alle Guglie, or Hotel Ca' d'Oro (or similar). Daily breakfast provided.
day 11: Depart from the Venice airport on your return flight to the US.
New York City (NYC) departures: April 14 ($2,299); May 10 ($2,299); June 16 ($2,699); July 21 ($2,699); August 11 ($2,599); September 1 ($2,199); October 26 ($1,999); November 2 ($1,999)
Los Angeles (LAX) departures: April 14 ($2,599); May 10 ($2,599); June 16 ($2,999); July 21 ($2,999); August 11 ($2,899); September 1 ($2,499); October 26 ($2,199); November 2 ($2,199)
Washington, DC (WAS) departures: April 14 ($2,399); May 10 ($2,399); June 16 ($2,899); July 21 ($2,899); August 11 ($2,799); September 1 ($2,299); October 26 ($2,099); November 2 ($2,099)
*Priced per person based on double occupancy (see fine print)
"A good-looking city! Naked like Michelangelo’s David or rugged up in the latest winter fashion by their own world-class designers, Florentines and their city never fail to impress. At times it seems nothing much has changed since the days of the Medici."-- Lonely Planet
escapes 30-day promise
the fine print
- Vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability; all dates must be confirmed by February 19, 2014
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Merchants cancellation policy applies. For more information see www.go-today.com/gt_credit.aspx
- Rates are per person based on double occupancy. Each of two guests must purchase an Escape and arrange to stay together at the hotel. Single occupancy requires an additional fee of $600
- Includes Double-Occupancy Accommodations for Three Nights at the Worldhotel Ripa Roma, Cardinal Hotel St. Peter, or Holiday Inn Express Rome San Giovanni (or Similar) in Rome; Three Nights at the Hotel de la Pace, Hotel Silla, or Hotel Magenta (or Similar) in Florence; and Three Nights at the Hotel Alexander, Hotel Alle Guglie, or Hotel Ca' d'Oro (or Similar) in Venice, Nine Breakfasts, Two-Day Pass for Hop-On, Hop-Off Tour of Rome, Two-Day Pass for Hop-On, Hop-Off Tour of Florence, Walking Tour of Venice, Airline Taxes and Fuel Surcharges
- Does not include passport/visa fees, gratuities, personal or baggage insurance, meals or drinks not specified by itinerary and any costs not specified as included
- Passports are required
- Other major US airports available for a surcharge and will be collected at time of booking
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- The promotional value is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON November 2, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON March 15, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON November 2, 2014 • Enjoy By November 2, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings