Colonial Charm & Carolina BBQ at an Edenton B&B
Captain's Quarters Inn • Edenton, NC
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in Room 1, 2, 5, or 8; Arriving Wednesdays from April 6 to November 2, 2016 ($235)
- Or, a Two-Night Stay for Two in Room 2, 5, or 8; Arriving Fridays on June 17, July 8 or 29, August 19, September 9 or 30, October 28, or November 4, 2016 ($285)
- Welcome Barbecue Sauce Tasting with Pulled Pork and Wine at 6 p.m.
- Morning "Rib University" St. Louis-Style Ribs Cooking Class for Two
- Evening Barbecue Pork Rib Tasting Plus Dinner for Two on the Second Night
- Take-Home Rubs and Recipes
- After Purchase, Follow Your Voucher's Redemption Instructions to Complete Your Reservation by June 20, 2016
Enjoy barbecue cooking classes taught by an award-winning pit master during your romantic Carolina getaway.
The heart and soul of North Carolina lie not in Raleigh, but in its very first capital city, Edenton. Situated just off the Albemarle Sound, in the state's Inner Banks region, this early colonial town found its way onto the map as far back as 1658, when Jamestown settlers decided to venture south. Today, much of the historic downtown remains intact, with beautifully preserved clapboard buildings lining Main Street and magnolia-shaded plantation homes still standing on the banks of Edenton Bay. Of course, with deep history comes deep pride, and residents of Edenton wear it on their sleeves—mostly in the form of barbecue sauce.
The Captain's Quarters Inn, a romantic 1907 bed and breakfast, sits just a stone's throw from the historic district's scenic waterfront. Pick from four nautically themed rooms. On the first floor, Captain Perk's Room and The Pirate Anne Bonny Room offers easy access to the front porch, while rooms on the second floor (The Captain Quilt Room and The Cutty Sark Room) boast plentiful natural light. All accommodations include complimentary Wi-Fi, private baths, and a piping-hot breakfast each morning.
Admire the antebellum architecture in the village of Edenton before a 6 p.m. happy hour on the first night, where you'll learn how to distinguish one barbecue sauce from another during a tasting, complete with pulled pork and wine. The next morning you'll enroll in pork "Rib University" class. Follow along as award-winning pit master and inn co-owner Don Pariseau helps you make your own rack of St. Louis-style ribs—using in-house rubs and sauces—that you'll enjoy later that evening with a festive dinner. Don and his DPQ BBQ team placed 2nd for brisket and 8th for ribs at the 2013 Silicon Valley BBQ Championships and Grand Champion at the Hog Fest in Edenton. After a few days of his flavorful instruction, you'll be bringing home his mouthwatering recipes—along with the unforgettable memories of your small-town retreat.
• Remember to call and reserve your travel dates before June 20, 2016
• Taxes and resort fees are not included—you'll pay those directly to the property
• Blackout dates: April 20 and 27; May 4; August 3; October 19 and 26, 2016
We loved swinging on the front porch with a lemonade! Barbecue University was really neat. Don showed us the process and explained the critical points well. We got to prepare our own rack and then had them for dinner. [...] Great experience.-- LivingSocial Member
It was like taking a step back in time. [...] Everyone was friendly and our stay at the inn was just as nice as its surroundings. The food was delicious. [...] I couldn't wait to get home and cook with my new spices and rib knowledge!-- LivingSocial Member
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 1 per customer, up to 1 additional as a gift; vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays from April 6 to November 4, 2016
- Book by date: customer must contact merchant by June 20, 2016 to make booking
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Credit card information and photo ID is required when making reservation
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Merchant cancellation/rescheduling policy and fees apply once booking is made; voucher subject to forfeiture or $30 rescheduling fee
- Voucher includes welcome barbecue sauce tasting with pulled pork and wine at 6 p.m.; morning "Rib University" St. Louis-Style ribs cooking class for 2; evening barbeque pork rib tasting plus dinner for 2 on the 2nd night; take-home rubs and recipes
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Taxes/resort fee not included; payable directly to the property
- Incidental charges, charges for additional services and gratuity at the property are not included
- Voucher valid for 2 guests
- Option B: Valid for check-in on the following dates: June 17; July 8, 29; August 19, September 9, 30; October 28, or November 4, 2016
- The promotional value is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- Blackout dates: April 20, 27; May 4, August 3, October 19, and 26, 2016
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON November 4, 2016 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON August 28, 2021 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON November 4, 2016 • Enjoy By November 4, 2016
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings