Colonial Charm and Carolina Barbecue in Edenton
Captain's Quarters Inn • Edenton, NC
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in Room 1, 2, 5, or 8, Arriving Mondays or Wednesdays from July 8 to November 7, 2015 ($234)
- Or, a Two-Night Stay for Two in Room 1, 2, 5, or 8, Arriving Fridays on July 31, August 28, September 11, October 30 or November 6, 2015 ($285)
- Welcome Barbecue Sauce Tasting with Pulled Pork and Wine at 6 p.m.
- Morning "Rib University" St. Louis-Style Ribs Cooking Class for Two
- Evening Barbecue Pork Rib Tasting Plus Dinner for Two on the Second Night
- Take-Home Rubs and Recipes
- After Purchase, Follow Your Voucher's Redemption Instructions to Complete Your Reservation
Enjoy barbecue cooking classes—taught by an award-winning pit master—during your romantic B&B stay for a classic Carolina getaway.
The heart and soul of North Carolina lie not in Raleigh, but in its very first capital city, Edenton. Situated just off the Albemarle Sound, in the state's Inner Banks region, this early colonial town found its way onto the map as far back as 1658, when Jamestown settlers decided to venture south. Today, much of the historic downtown remains intact, with beautifully preserved clapboard buildings lining Main Street and magnolia-shaded plantation homes still standing on the banks of Edenton Bay. Of course, with deep history comes deep pride, and residents of Edenton wear it on their sleeves—mostly in the form of barbecue sauce.
The Captain's Quarters Inn, a romantic 1907 bed and breakfast, sits just a stone's throw from the historic district's scenic waterfront. Pick from four nautically themed rooms. On the first floor, Captain Perk's Room and The Pirate Anne Bonny Room offers easy access to the front porch, while rooms on the second floor (The Captain Quilt Room and The Cutty Sark Room) boast plentiful natural light. All accommodations include complimentary Wi-Fi, private baths, and a piping-hot breakfast each morning.
Admire the antebellum architecture in the village of Edenton before a 6 p.m. happy hour on the first night, where you'll learn how to distinguish one barbecue sauce from another during a tasting, complete with pulled pork and wine. The next morning you'll enroll in pork "Rib University" class. Follow along as award-winning pit master and inn co-owner Don Pariseau helps you make your own rack of St. Louis-style ribs—using in-house rubs and sauces—that you'll enjoy later that evening with a festive dinner. Don and his DPQ BBQ team placed second for brisket and eighth for ribs at the 2013 Silicon Valley BBQ Championships and Grand Champion at the Hog Fest in Edenton. After a few days of his flavorful instruction, you'll be bringing home a few mouthwatering recipes along with the memories of your small town retreat.
• Make sure to book your trip by September 7
• Taxes and fees aren't included
Captains quarters was beautiful. The food is delicious and Don was warm and friendly. We met some great people and will be back to relax here again soon.-- LivingSocial Member
Staying here was AMAZING. It was the perfect relaxing weekend that we were looking for. The owner was a really fun and informative guy and very hospitable.-- LivingSocial Member
We had a wonderful visit to the Captain's Quarters. The ribs from the cooking class were great and the class was very informative.-- LivingSocial Member
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 1 per customer, up to 1 additional as a gift; vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays from July 8 to November 7, 2015
- Book-by date: customer must contact merchant by September 7, 2015 to make booking
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Credit card information and photo ID is required when making reservation
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Merchant cancellation/rescheduling policy and fees apply once booking is made; voucher subject to forfeiture or $30 rescheduling fee
- Voucher includes welcome barbeque sauce tasting with pulled pork and wine at 6 p.m.; morning "Rib University" St. Louis-Style ribs cooking class for 2; evening barbeque pork rib tasting plus dinner for 2 on the 2nd night; take-home rubs and recipes
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Taxes/resort fee not included; payable directly to the property
- Incidental charges, charges for additional services and gratuity at the property are not included
- Voucher valid for 2 guests
- Option A: valid for check in on the following dates: July 8 to 9, 13 to 14, 15 to 16, 20 to 21, 22 to 23, 27 to 28, 29 to 30; August 3 to 4, 5 to 6, 10 to 11, 12 to 13, 19 to 20, 26 to 27; September 2 to 3, 9 to 10, 16 to 17, 23 to 24, 30 to October 1; October 7 to 8, 14 to 15, 21 to 22, or November 5 to 6, 2015
- The promotional value is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON November 7, 2015 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON August 31, 2020 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON November 7, 2015 • Enjoy By November 7, 2015
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings