A Riverfront Lodge & the Best Fishing in New York
Tailwater Lodge • Altmar, NY
- A One-Night Stay for Two in a King or Two-Queen Room
- $50 Credit at the On-Site Restaurant
- $10 Credit at the On-Site Pro Shop
- Combine Vouchers to Stay Up to Three Nights
By day, reel in trophy fish on the Salmon River; by night, spread out at this brand-new luxury lodge on the banks of the river in Altmar.
Stocked annually with thousands of salmon, New York's aptly named Salmon River offers some of the best fly fishing in the world. Teeming with coho, steelhead, and chinook, this 44-mile stretch begins at Lake Ontario, winding through dense forest, past sleepy towns, and under picturesque bridges on its way to the Salmon River Reservoir. At the eastern side of the stream lies Altmar, home of the largest fish hatchery in New York, making this town of less than 500 people the perfect spot to don your waders, cast a line, and reel in a trophy. Off the river, you might consider angling for trout in Lake Ontario or hitting a nearby hiking trail for a quiet day in the woods.
Home of the most luxurious accommodations on the river, the brand-new Tailwater Lodge—site of a former elementary school—is New York's answer to the upscale fishing lodges found out West. Opened in February, Tailwater features 42 guest rooms decorated with plush leather furnishings and marble accents; a high-end restaurant serving rustic yet cosmopolitan fare such as grilled beef tenderloin with a Cabernet demi-glace; and a state-of-the-art conference facility. Enjoy your overnight stay in a room with one king or two queen beds, high-speed wireless Internet, cable TV, and an in-room refrigerator.
No matter the season, the river is bulging with fish big and small, from three-pound smallmouth bass to 30-pound chinook salmon. Make your way to the lodge's very own guide concierge captain, Chris Yard, who sets guests up on drift-boat trips, charter excursions on Lake Ontario, and summer rafting adventures on the river. Then again, since the Tailwater boasts 2,000 feet of river frontage, you might just take to the stream on your own.
"... guests at the Tailwater Lodge can look forward to beautifully appointed hotel rooms, with the kind of touches normally found in upscale urban hotels. Yet the feel is rustic and comfortable..."-- Visit Oswego County
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Up to 3 vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays between now and August 10, 2014
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Merchant cancellation/rescheduling policy and fees apply once booking is made; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Voucher valid for up to 2 guests
- Taxes/resort fee not included; payable directly to the property
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Blackout date(s): June 20 and 21
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON August 10, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON August 10, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON August 10, 2014 • Enjoy By August 10, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings