A Riverfront Lodge & the Best Fishing in New York
Tailwater Lodge • Altmar, NY
- A One-Night Stay for Two in a King or Two-Queen Room
- $50 Credit at the On-Site Restaurant
- Combine Vouchers to Stay Up to Three Nights
By day, reel in trophy fish on the Salmon River; by night, spread out at this brand-new luxury lodge on the banks of the river in Altmar.
Stocked annually with thousands of salmon, New York's aptly named Salmon River offers some of the best fly fishing in the world. Teeming with coho, steelhead, and chinook, this 44-mile stretch begins at Lake Ontario, winding through dense forest, past sleepy towns, and under picturesque bridges on its way to the Salmon River Reservoir. At the eastern side of the stream lies Altmar, home of the largest fish hatchery in New York, making this town of less than 500 people the perfect spot to don your waders, cast a line, and reel in a trophy. Off the river, you might consider angling for trout in Lake Ontario or hitting a nearby hiking trail for a quiet day in the woods.
Home of the most luxurious new accommodations on the river, the Tailwater Lodge—the site of a former elementary school—is New York's answer to the upscale fishing lodges found out West. Opened in 2014, Tailwater features 42 guest rooms decorated with plush leather furnishings and marble accents; a high-end restaurant serving rustic yet cosmopolitan fare such as grilled beef tenderloin with a Cabernet demi-glace; and a state-of-the-art conference facility. Enjoy your overnight stay in a room with one king or two queen beds, high-speed wireless Internet, cable TV, and an in-room refrigerator.
No matter the season, the river is bulging with fish big and small, from three-pound smallmouth bass to 30-pound chinook salmon. Make your way to the lodge's very own guide concierge captain, Chris Yard, who sets guests up on drift-boat trips, charter excursions on Lake Ontario, and summer rafting adventures on the river. Then again, since the Tailwater boasts 2,000 feet of river frontage, you might just take to the stream on your own.
... guests at the Tailwater Lodge can look forward to beautifully appointed hotel rooms, with the kind of touches normally found in upscale urban hotels. Yet the feel is rustic and comfortable...-- Visit Oswego County
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- Limit 3 per customer, up to 1 additional as a gift; up to 3 vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays from April 1 to August 10, 2015
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Voucher includes $50 credit at the on-site restaurant
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Voucher valid for 2 guests
- Merchant cancellation/rescheduling policy and fees apply once booking is made; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Taxes/resort fee not included; payable directly to the property
- Incidental charges, charges for additional services and gratuity at the property are not included
- The promotional value is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON August 10, 2015 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON April 26, 2020 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON August 10, 2015 • Enjoy By August 10, 2015
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings