A Beautiful B&B Just Steps From The River
Streams & Dreams • Oakland, MD
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in the Brook ($159), Rainbow ($189), or Brown Room ($229)
- Late 1 p.m. Checkout
At this scenic Western Maryland retreat, pass the time fishing, hiking, and birding—or napping in a hammock.
Set amid leaves that burst into kaleidoscopic colors in the fall, snow-capped mountains that beckon skiers in the winter, and miles of lakeshore for swimming in the spring and summer, Garrett County is a four-season destination that's a calming contrast from cities like Washington, D.C. and Baltimore three hours away. As part of the county, Oakland, Maryland capitalizes on the area's charms. With a population of fewer than 2,000 residents and a historic main street of small shops and Victorian architecture, this is a destination where you're invited to take your time.
Between the sight of birds flitting from branch to branch and the peaceful sound of the Youghiogheny River nearby, staying at Streams & Dreams is a serene sensory experience that's perfect for nature lovers, as well as those simply seeking a bit of solitude. Each of the rooms—which are named after species of trout inhabiting the stream that runs just outside the inn—has casual décor and a comfortable bed. Spend your getaway exploring Streams & Dreams' 15 acres, which feature falls, a trout-viewing pond, an island gazebo, and forested trails. The retreat's hammocks, chaises, and swings make ideal lounging spots during the day, while a nighttime campfire allows guests to make s'mores under the stars. Here along the Youghiogheny Wild and Scenic River Corridor, it's easy to get off the grid and reconnect with nature.
"Outdoors enthusiasts can find forests, mountain lakes, and miles of streams and rivers. White-water rafters come to meet the challenges of the Youghiogheny (pronounced Yok-a-gain-ee; those in the know just call it the 'Yough')."-- Frommer's
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays now through July 30, 2014
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Voucher includes late 1 p.m. checkout
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Voucher valid for 2 guests
- Merchant cancellation/rescheduling policy and fees apply once booking is made; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Taxes/resort fees not included; payable directly to the property
- Incidental charges, charges for additional services and gratuity at the property are not included
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON July 15, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON July 15, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON July 15, 2014 • Enjoy By July 15, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings