Conquer Kilimanjaro on a 7-Day Trip to Tanzania
One World Safari Tours •
- A Seven-Day Trip to Tanzania, Including:
- Private Shuttle Between Airport, Mountain, and Activities
- Double-Occupancy Accommodations for Two Nights at Ilboru Safari Lodge and Five Nights of Mountain Hut Camping on Kilimanjaro
- Six Breakfasts, Lunches, and Dinners
- Visit to Local Charity
- Kilimanjaro Climb with Private Mountain Guide, Cook, Park Ranger, and Porters; Camping Equipment, Including Sleeping Bags, Sleeping Mats, and Camp Pillows; Unlimited Drinking Water While on Kilimanjaro; and Summit Completion Certificate, Climbing Medal, and Champagne Toast Upon Descent
- National Park, Mountain Rescue, Climbing, Entrance, and Camping Fees
- Priced per Person Based on Double Occupancy; See Fine Print
- After Purchase, Follow Your Voucher's Redemption Instructions to Complete Your Reservation
Dream African getaways are about as diverse as the continent's geography. But for the serious outdoor enthusiast, a trek to the summit of Mt. Kilimanjaro tops the all-time wish list.
You'll always remember standing on top of the world at Kilimanjaro's peak—gazing down on the sun as it breaks through the pillowy clouds—but your experience along the way to the summit will stay with you just as long. Begin by traversing the low-lying jungles, crossing through alpine scrub, and eventually reaching desolate terrain that looks more like a view through the Hubble telescope than anything you've seen in real life.
The balmy atmosphere will thin out to crisp, cool air as you ascend, taking a toll on your body and challenging you to summit Uhuru Peak, the highest point in Africa. If the trip up feels like the deepest breath you've ever taken, the descent from Mt. Kilimanjaro will be the most satisfying exhale you've ever known.
Make the climb during this seven-day trip—which includes a visit to a local village or charity your trip has supported—courtesy of One World Safari Tours.
Day 1: Arrival and Acclimatization Day in Arusha
Arrange your flights so that you can arrive in Kilimanjaro Airport or Arusha on or before this day. A One World representative will greet you upon arrival and transport you to your lodge. In the late afternoon or evening, meet your One World Safari Tours team of mountain guides to ensure you have all of your personal gear required for the climb. (A full packing list will be sent out well in advance.) If you are missing anything – gloves, sunglasses, rain gear, etc.—you will be able to rent them.
Overnight at Ilboru Safari Lodge. Dinner provided.
Day 2: Marangu Gate (1,843 m) to Mandara Hut (2,700m)
After breakfast at the lodge, you will board the One World Safari Tours private shuttle with your guides and fellow trekkers to travel to the gates of Mt. Kilimanjaro. After checking in and registering at the gate, you will set off from the Marangu Gate, climbing for about four or five hours through a rainforest with giant ferns and moss covered trees, until you reach your stopping point for the night, Mandara Hut—the first in a series of rustic hostels that serve as your accommodations while on the mountain. You'll sleep in A-frame structures that house six to ten bunks per hut for a total of 60 climbers per night. Meals are prepared by a private chef and served in a communal dining area.
Overnight at Mandara Hut. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided.
Day 3: Mandara Hut (2,700 m) to Horombo Hut (3,720 m)
After an early breakfast and tea, you will head out on the trail. Your six- to eight-hour trek today will have you passing through a short stretch of forest, skirting the base of the Maundi Crater and then emerging into the transition from rain forest to moorland. It is well worth a short detour to scramble up the rim of the Maundi Crater for your first really impressive view of the Kibo Crater. Once you reach the Horombo Hut, you will enjoy a hot bowl of washing water, an evening meal, and a night of rest.
Overnight at Horombo Hut. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided.
Day 4: Horombo Hut (3,720 m) to Kibo Hut (4,703 m)
After an early breakfast, you will hike towards the Mawenzi Hut, passing the Zebra Rocks on the way. Your six- to eight-hour journey today will lead you to the "Saddle," or the area located between the peaks of Mawenzi and Kibo. Enjoy the amazing views along the route as you make your way to Kibo Hut in the early afternoon. Once you arrive at Kibo Hut, prepare your gear, replace your headlamp and camera batteries, and make sure you have everything set for your late night/early morning wakeup call. Then enjoy a filling meal and some rest.
Overnight at Kibo Hut. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided.
Day 5: Kibo Hut (4,703 m) to Uhuru Peak (5,895 m) to Horombo Hut (3,720 m)
Your peak ascent starts at just before midnight: You'll wake up at 11:30 p.m., bundle up in as many layers as you can manage, and—after some tea and biscuits, of course—shuffle off into the night for a 12- to 14-hour trek. The first section of the trail consists of a rocky path to the Hans Meyer Cave, then zig-zags up to Gillman's Point, which is located on the crater rim. This demanding section is very steep with a lot of stone scree, requiring both physical and mental effort. Upon reaching the highest point of Mt. Kilimanjaro—Uhuru Peak at 5,895 meters—you can finally say that you are on the "Roof of Africa." Breathe in with satisfaction, capture the feat with some pictures, and take a moment to enjoy the scene.
Weather conditions on the summit and the effect of altitude on your body will determine how long you will be able to spend taking photographs before the three-hour descent back to Kibo Hut. After a short rest, gather all the gear you left behind for the ascent and hike back down to Horombo Hut for your overnight stay. Later in the evening, enjoy your last dinner on the mountain and a well-earned sleep!
Overnight at Horombo Hut. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided.
Day 6: Horombo Hut (3,720 m) to Marangu Gate (1,843 m)
On your final morning on the mountain, you'll start to descend from the camp. (Discretional tipping of your guide, cook, and porters is customary at this time.) Spend five to seven hours descending through the rain forest. The One World Safari Tours team will be at the gate to greet you with celebratory libations, your climbing medals, and loads of congratulations. After a short celebration, sign out at the park office and receive your summit certificates. Depending on decent time and group size, a buffet lunch will be served at the gate or a shuttle will be waiting to take you back to your lodge in Arusha for showers, rest, and a dinner at the lodge.
Overnight at Ilboru Safari Lodge. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided.
Day 7: Visit to Local Charity
After breakfast at the lodge, depart for a visit to the local charity or village your trip has supported. Spend time visiting the school, orphanage, community or health center, or remote village that has been funded by a portion of your safari. After your visit, depart for the airport, or relax in Arusha prior to your evening transportation to the airport for your return flight home.
Breakfast and lunch provided.
8/30, 9/6, 9/13, 9/20, 9/27, 10/4, 10/11, 10/18, 10/25, 11/1, 11/8, 11/15, 11/22, 11/29, 12/6, 12/13, 12/18
1/3, 1/10, 1/17, 1/24, 1/31, 2/7, 2/14, 2/21, 2/28, 3/6, 3/13, 3/20, 3/27
• Contact merchant by September 15, 2015 or seven days prior to arrival date to make booking
• Voucher does not include airfare— so don't forget to book your own flights
• Voucher does not include airline taxes or airline fuel surcharges; passport/visa fees; gratuities; or personal or baggage insurance
• Voucher does not include meals or drinks not specified by itinerary; cultural excursions or other activities; sodas, alcohol, or other drinks at lodge; or laundry services
• One World Safari Tours reserves the right to adjust accommodations at its discretion; in all such instances, accommodations or equal or greater value will be offered
• Priced per person based on double occupancy; single occupancy requires an additional fee of $400 per person to be paid directly to One World Safari Tours
• A hot air balloon safari can be added to the trip on Day 5 for an additional $550 per person, paid to One World Safari Tours
• Documentation required to travel: Passport valid for at least six months from time of departure, and a $100 visa, which can be applied in the US or on arrival in Tanzania
About One World Safari Tours
A socially responsible company that donates a minimum of ten percent of its proceeds to local nonprofits, One World Safari Tours specializes in the northern circuit of Tanzania's national parks, leading game drives through the Serengeti and beyond. You could trek to the top of mountains, explore vast volcanic craters, and photograph prides of lions in their natural habitat—all on one unforgettable adventure. Or, if you'd like to be as community-minded as this company, there are voluntourism opportunities available, too. The many wonders of Tanzania are explored with ease through One World Safari Tours—from the dizzying heights of Mount Kilimanjaro to the wildlife-packed plains of the Serengeti.
Not only was the trip itself amazing, but it was great how everything was set up and organized for us. OWST provided us with a very good guide, who was very knowledgable and friendly. We will surely recommend OWST to others who are going to Tanzania!-- LivingSocial Member
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Book by date: customer must contact merchant by September 15, 2015 or 7 days prior to arrival date to make booking
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Voucher includes private shuttle between airport, mountain, and activities; double-occupancy accommodations for 2 nights at Ilboru Safari Lodge and 5 nights of mountain hut camping on Kilimanjaro; 6 breakfasts, lunches, and dinners; visit to local charity; Kilimanjaro climb with private mountain guide, cook, park ranger, and porters; camping equipment, including sleeping bags, sleeping mats, and camp pillows; unlimited drinking water while on Kilimanjaro; and summit completion certificate, climbing medal, and champagne toast upon descent; national park, mountain rescue, climbing, entrance, and camping fees
- Voucher does not include airfare, airline taxes, airline fuel surcharges; passport/visa fees; gratuities; personal or baggage insurance; meals or drinks not specified by itinerary; any costs not specified as included; cultural excursions, or other activities; sodas, alcohol, or other drinks at lodge; laundry services
- Although we are able to relate to the fears of travelling to Africa, we would like to take this opportunity to reassure visitors that Tanzania, a country more than 5000 kilometers from the concerned areas in West Africa, has not been affected by Ebola and is hence safe for travellers
- In the unlikely event of travel being cancelled as a result of the World Health Organization declaring an outbreak of Ebola in Tanzania and either the WHO or the client's own Government issuing a directive against non-essential travel to Tanzania, One World Safari Tours guarantees that all cancellation fees would be waived, and One World Safari Tours will offer a one-time rescheduling of the trip at no additional fee for up to 1 year from date of originally-planned departure
- One World Safari Tours reserves the right to adjust accommodations at its discretion. In all such instances accommodations or equal or greater value will be offered
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during 1 stay
- Double occupancy: rates are per person based on double occupancy (2 people sharing a room). Each of 2 guests must purchase an Escape and arrange to stay together throughout the trip. Single occupancy requires an additional fee of $400 per person to be paid directly to One World Safari Tours
- Hot Air Balloon Safari can be added to the trip on Day 5 for an additional $550 per person
- Upon confirmation of your reservation, vouchers will be considered used and 100% non-refundable
- Merchant cancellation policy applies. For more information, please visit http://www.oneworldsafaris.com/pages/booking.html
- Taxes not included; payable directly to the property
- Review the State Department's website for passport/visa requirements and important announcements before traveling to your destination
- Documentation required to travel: passport valid for at least 6 months from time of departure, visa can be applied in the US or on arrival in Tanzania ($100)
- Incidental charges, charges for additional services, and gratuity at the property are not included
- The promotional value is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON March 27, 2016 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON November 27, 2020 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON March 27, 2016 • Enjoy By March 27, 2016
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings