New Delhi, Jaipur & Agra: Icons of India, Plus Flights
Gate 1 Travel •
- A Nine-Day Trip to India ($1,499 to $2,599 per Person) Including:
- Round-Trip International Flights from New York City (JFK) to Indira Gandhi International Airport (DEL) in Delhi
- Two Nights at The Park New Delhi, Two Nights at the Ramada Jaipur, and Two Nights at the Trident Agra
- Six Breakfasts, Two Lunches, and Three Dinners
- All Transports and 24-Hour Airport Arrival-and-Departure Services
- Local English-Speaking Tour Guides, Sightseeing Tours, and Entrance Fees per Itinerary
- Airline Taxes, Fuel Surcharges, and Hotel/Resort Fees
- Priced per Person Based on Double Occupancy (See Fine Print)
You'll never forget this trip to India, where flavorful food, bustling bazaars, and the Taj Mahal await.
In Delhi, denim-clad teenagers skip about the streets with cell phones plastered to their ears listening to the latest Bollywood track. Mere miles away on the slopes of a nearby rural village, cows move freely down dirt roads past women in saris preparing midday meals by hand. This is India: a contradiction in culture, in time, and in history, and one of the few places on earth where historical change unfolds in real time before your eyes.
day 1: Take an overnight flight—complete with meals, complimentary drinks, and in-flight entertainment—from New York (JFK) to Delhi.
day 2: Arrive in Delhi where guides will greet you and ensure your transfer to your 4.5-star hotel. Enjoy the day at your leisure.
Overnight at The Park New Delhi.
day 3: Enjoy a cycle rickshaw ride through the intricate and chaotic streets around Old Delhi. Visit the Jama Masjid mosque, Bangla Sahib Sikh Temple, and the home where Mahatma Gandhi spent his final days. You'll also see the India Gate, the Parliament House, and the Presidential Palace. This evening, your tour manager will walk you through the itinerary with a welcome orientation.
Overnight at The Park New Delhi. Breakfast and lunch provided.
day 4: Travel to Jaipur, the famed Pink City of India that was painted as such in honor of a 19th-century visit from the Prince of Wales. Depart Delhi via an air-conditioned coach bus and stop to see UNESCO World Heritage site Qutab Minar, the world's tallest brick minaret, before continuing to Jaipur. On arrival, stop by a jewelry shop and visit the local bazaar.
Overnight at Ramada Jaipur. Breakfast and dinner provided.
day 5: Embark on an excursion to the 16th century Amber Fort via jeep (or elephant back, if available), and admire views of Jaipur's original city walls and the Maotha Lake below. Browse the Rajasthan textile and handicrafts shops, then venture off on your own to see the city's many colorful bazaars brimming with flowers and spices or the City Palace and its delightful gardens.
Overnight at Ramada Jaipur. Breakfast provided.
day 6: Travel to the medieval city of Agra. On the way, you'll stop to visit the village of Abhaneri—about three hours outside Agra—and peer into the Chand Baori stepwell that dates back to the 8th century. Nearby, a visit to the temple of Harshat Mata, ornately dedicated to the goddess of joy and happiness, is a must-see. When you arrive in Agra, use the remainder of your day for self-guided exploration.
Overnight at Trident Agra hotel. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided.
day 7: Your trip's magnum opus builds in a dramatic crescendo to an iconic visit to the Taj Mahal. The monumental construction, which took 22 years to complete, is most famous for its white-marble dome—of which you'll have your fill with a visit to a local marble shop following your tour.
Overnight at Trident Agra hotel. Breakfast provided.
day 8: Depart Agra for Delhi, where you'll arrive at the DoubleTree by Hilton Gurgaon and enjoy a farewell dinner at the hotel. Included ground transfer will transport you to the airport late in the evening or shortly after midnight for your return flight home.
Breakfast and dinner provided.
day 9: Arrive back in the United States.
New York City (JFK) departure dates in 2014:
10/27, 10/30, 11/6 ($1,799)
11/20, 11/24 ($1,899)
12/1, 12/4 ($2,099)
New York City (JFK) departure dates in 2015:
1/22, 2/2 ($1,499)
2/5, 2/9 ($1,599)
2/19, 2/23, 2/26, 3/2, 3/5, 3/9, 3/12, 3/16, 3/19, 3/23 ($1,699)
"India bristles with an eclectic mélange of ethnic groups; an intoxicating cultural cocktail for the traveller. With such astonishing diversity, you will be taken on a journey that will linger in your mind long after you’ve left her shores."-- Lonely Planet
"Gate 1 helped us book a great vacation deal and they had friendly customer service. I'm glad I discovered them."-- LivingSocial Member
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Book by Date: Customer must contact Merchant by September 25 to make booking
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Voucher is valid for one person only
- Must be 18 or older to check-in
- When purchasing and gifting vouchers please list name as it is listed on their passport
- Rates are per person based on double occupancy. Each of two guests must purchase an Escape and arrange to stay together at the hotel. Single occupancy requires an additional fee of $300 due at booking
- Merchant cancellation policy applies. For more information, please see www.gate1travel.com/terms.aspx#CANCELLATION
- Upon confirmation, voucher will be considered used and 100% non-refundable and airfare in non-refundable once ticketed
- Does not include optional tours, gratuities, personal or baggage insurance, meals or drinks not specified in the itinerary, other personal expenses, passport and visa fees
- Hotels of a similar standard may be substituted
- Wheelchairs, walkers and motorized scooters may not be taken aboard motor coaches
- Passengers traveling abroad require a passport valid for six months beyond their travel dates. All travelers are responsible to check if a visa is required for all countries on their itinerary. For visa information, check Gate 1's Visa page
- Please note, all passport holders should have at least one entirely blank (unstamped) visa page in their passport when traveling
- Review the State Department's website for passport/visa requirements and important announcements before traveling to your destination
- All other major US airports available for a surcharge to be collected at time of booking
- The promotional value is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON March 23, 2015 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON March 7, 2020 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON March 23, 2015 • Enjoy By March 23, 2015
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms