Rafting & Ropes Adventure on the American River
Mother Lode River Center • Lotus, CA
- A Two-Day, One-Night Rafting and Ropes Adventure for Two People, with Accommodations in a Dome Tent ($215) or Canvas Cabin Tent ($240)
- Or, a Two-Day, One-Night Rafting and Ropes Adventure for Four People, with Accommodations in a Canvas Cabin Tent ($480)
- Or, a Two-Day, One-Night Rafting and Ropes Adventure for Six People, with Accommodations in an Eco-Friendly Retreat House ($650)
- Guided Four-Hour White-Water Rafting Excursion on the South Fork of the American River
- Three-Hour High-Ropes Course Adventure
- One Breakfast and One Dinner
Just off the South Fork of the American River in Coloma, the aptly named Mother Lode River Center sits in the heart of adventure in California Gold Country. Set between Lake Tahoe and Sacramento, this experienced guide service has been leading trips for more than 40 years, recording upward of two million river miles and nearly 300,000 satisfied guests among its accomplishments. But there's more to Mother Lode than white-water rafting. Add in a high-ropes course—which includes a climbing wall, among other adrenaline-filled activities—and you've got high adventure both on and off the river. Join them on an overnight excursion that combines Class III rapids, high-ropes action, delicious food, and campsite accommodations for two fun-filled days you won't soon forget.
day 1: Upon your 12:30 p.m. arrival at the River Center, you'll be greeted by the guide staff and given an extensive white-water safety talk. After meeting the rest of your adventure group, you'll be outfitted with rafting gear and equipment before hitting the ten-and-a-half-mile Gorge section of the South Fork of the American River, which ends in Folsom Lake. There, shuttles will pick you up, greeting you with a cold beverage and a ride back to the River Center. While you enjoy a hot shower in the solar-powered restrooms, your guides will begin preparing your delicious dinner, which is served outdoors under the stars. The rest of the night is yours to relax in a cozy canvas cabin tent, dome tent, or eco house.
day 2: Wake up early in the morning to the smell of fresh coffee wafting through the camp. After a hearty breakfast, you'll be prepped and given another safety talk for the Challenge Ropes Course activity. With guides at all five of the high-ropes-course elements, you'll be able to rotate through each element at your own leisure for three hours. High elements include the Climbing Wall, Catwalk, Leap of Faith, and Pipe Dream. You will depart after the Ropes Course activity around 12 p.m.
Mother Lode's 19-acre plot of land just off the river plays host to a variety of accommodations. Those looking for a more rugged experience should opt to stay in a dome tent, which the staff will set up for you prior to your arrival. Upgrade to a canvas cabin tent, and you'll enjoy the added comfort of a cot. Both of these accommodations require that guests bring their own sleeping bags. For the ultimate in riverside luxury, opt for the six-person eco-friendly house, which is appointed with a fully equipped kitchen; one queen, one twin, one bunk, and one futon; linens; and a patio with propane barbecue that overlooks the river.
"Our trip was great! The ropes course was fun. [The food] was wonderful and had options for those of us who follow paleo diets. Our guides were fantastic! They were all very knowledgeable. Highly recommend."-- LivingSocial Member
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 2 per customer, additional as gifts; vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for June 7, 28, 2014; July 5, 12, 19, 26, 2014; August 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, 2014; must book by July 1, 2014
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Voucher includes 1-night accommodation, hotel/resort fees, entrance/admission fees, shuttles to and from the river, 1 breakfast, 1 dinner, guided four-hour white-water rafting excursion on the South Fork of the American River, three-hour high-ropes course adventure
- Voucher does not include sleeping bag and pillow for canvas and dome tent, transportation to River Center, airfare, airline taxes, airline fuel surcharges, passport/visa fees, gratuities, personal or baggage insurance, meals or drinks not specified by itinerary
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Voucher valid for 2 guests (option A and B), up to 4 guests (option C), or up to 6 guests (option D)
- Merchant cancellation policy applies; for more information, please visit www.malode.com/trip-planning/reservation-policies/
- Taxes not included; payable directly to the property
- Incidental charges, charges for additional services and gratuity at the property are not included
- The promotional value is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON August 30, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON August 30, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON August 30, 2014 • Enjoy By August 30, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms