3 Days, 2 Nights, 1 Amazing Backpacking Adventure
KAF Adventures •
- A Three-Day, Two-Night Wilderness Survival and Navigation Backpacking Course in North Cascades National Park or Olympic National Park for One Person
- Two Breakfasts, Three Lunches, and Two Dinners (Snacks Not Included)
- Carpool Gas Reimbursement
- Tents, Cookware, Sanitation Equipment, and Fuel Provided (Backpack and Sleeping Bag Not Included)
- Park Entrance Fee
- Instruction Provided by Experienced Guides
Set amid two of the largest wilderness areas in the Pacific Northwest, Olympic National Park and North Cascades National Park boast some of the most awe-inspiring natural scenery in the country—if not the world. Part of the largest temperate rain forest on the planet, Olympic National Park is famed for its old-growth forests, snow-capped glaciers, and huge swaths of uninhabited coastline. Also renowned for its glaciers, North Cascades National Park is perhaps most notable for its dramatic peak-to-valley landscapes, which, in places, soar an incredible 9,000 feet through high-alpine forest. The best part? Both of these wonders of nature sit within a three-hour drive of Seattle—Olympic to the west, North Cascades to the east.
Experience the majesty of Washington's vast and varied wilderness courtesy of KAF Adventures. Depending on weather conditions, you'll head out to one of these two parks on a three-day, two-night backpacking course that covers wilderness survival and navigation. You'll hike three to four miles a day, glean the necessary skills to thrive in this often harsh environment, enjoy a variety of backcountry meals, and share your experiences with fun, knowledgeable guides and a group of like-minded adventurers.
On the Thursday evening before the trip begins, you'll meet from 6 to 9 p.m. at KAF Adventures's Seattle office, where you'll discuss gear, route planning, and overall safety management. Be sure to bring all your gear to this meeting, as you'll be reviewing your clothing and packing your bag.
day 1: In the morning, you'll meet at the KAF Adventures office to carpool to the trailhead. KAF helps to arrange this carpooling, and they'll even pay for gas to and from the trailhead. It's a three-hour drive to North Cascades National Park or Olympic National Park, and once you're there you'll begin your three days away from civilization and the insanity of city living. During this time, you'll average three to four miles of hiking each day, with an average elevation gain of about 2,000 feet. What kind of skills will you cover along your journey? Navigation and route finding, cooking, campcraft, water purification, meal planning, basic first aid, weather reading, local flora and fauna, river crossings, and more.
Overnight in a tent. Lunch and dinner provided.
day 2: Continue learning and begin to practice more and more skills. You'll navigate, on and off trail, as well as help find camp and cook meals. Spend another amazing night camping in the wilderness.
Overnight in a tent. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided.
day 3: Wake up for the last day in the backcountry and start the final hike back to the trailhead. You'll arrive back to your car around 1 p.m., and will return to KAF's Seattle office around 4 to 5 p.m.
Overnight in a tent. Breakfast and lunch provided.
June 27 to 29
July 4 to 6
July 11 to 13
August 15 to 17
August 22 to 24
September 12 to 14
"Fantastic! Our guides were extremely knowledgeable, patient, helpful, and full of tips and encouragement. I went with my 25-year-old son and we plan to go again!"-- LivingSocial Member
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 2 per customer, additional as gifts; vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for June 27, 2014; July 4, 11, 2014; August 15, 22, 2014; or September 12, 2014; must book by August 15, 2014
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Voucher includes introduction to backpacking classroom course (the Thursday before your trip from 6-9 p.m. at 2960 4th Avenue South, Seattle, WA. 98134; please bring all gear to this meeting as KAF Adventures will be reviewing your clothing systems and packing the packs for the weekend), 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 2 dinners, carpool gas reimbursement, group camping gear (tents, cookware, sanitation equipment, fuel), 2 nights of camping reservations, survival and navigation instruction, park entrance fee
- Voucher does not include airfare, airline taxes, airline fuel surcharges, passport/visa fees, guide gratuities (customary to tip 10% of course cost if you enjoyed your time), personal or baggage insurance, meals or drinks not specified by itinerary, any costs not specified as included, personal clothing, backpack, sleeping gear, personal snacks (suggested amount is 2 energy/nutrition bars per day or 1-2 cups of trail mix per day)
- Equipment can be rented directly from KAF Adventures
- A gear list will be emailed to you upon registration for the course
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- All prices are per person
- Merchant cancellation policy applies. For more information, visit www.kafadventures.com/about/register/
- The promotional value is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON September 12, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON September 12, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON September 12, 2014 • Enjoy By September 12, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings