Explore Mysterious Machu Picchu and Ancient Cuzco
Gate 1 Travel •
- A Five- or Six-Day Trip to Machu Picchu and Cuzco ($999 to $1,399 per Person), Including:
- Round-Trip International Flights between New York City (JFK) or Miami (MIA) and Lima
- Round-Trip Domestic Flights between Lima and Cuzco
- Double-Occupancy Accommodation for Two Nights at the San Agustin Internacional or Similar in Cuzco and One Night at Inkallpa Lodge, San Agustin Urubamba Hotel & Spa, or Similar in the Sacred Valley
- Three Breakfasts and One Dinner
- Round-Trip Train Tickets between Ollantaytambo and Machu Picchu
- Guided Tour of Machu Picchu
- Hotel Transfers in a Modern Motor Coach
- Airline Taxes, Fees, and Surcharges
- Priced per Person Based on Double Occupancy (See Fine Print)
Travel deep into the Peruvian Andes and let Gate 1 Travel's expert guides show you the very best of the Inca heartland.
Your first view of Machu Picchu will leave you breathless. Crowning a misty ridge, and encircled by stony peaks, the ancient ruins make for one of the most beautiful sights on earth. Admire the perfectly-fitted stones of its temples, take in the view from the Watchman's Hut, and join the photogenic llamas navigating the site's terraces. As you do, form your own answers to the questions that have befuddled archaeologists for more than a century: What was Machu Picchu, and why did the Incas build it here?
Much more is known about Cuzco. For the Incas, it was more than just a capital city: Its very name meant "the navel of the world." The empire's grandest palaces and temples were found in the city; and to this day, their earthquake-resistant walls serve as the foundations for many of the ornate churches built by the Spanish conquistadors. The mix of indigenous and Western cultures is found not only in the city's architecture, but also in its bustling markets, distinctive (and spicy!) cuisine, and rich artistic traditions.
Between these two destinations lies the Sacred Valley of the Incas. Here, where the Urubamba River cuts a serpentine path between snow-capped peaks, you will find ancient ruins, traditional villages, and colorful markets dotting a beautiful landscape.
day 1: If your departure point is New York City, your journey begins today as you board your overnight flight to Lima.
day 1 (or 2): If you are departing from Miami, you will board your flight to Peru early in the morning; flights from both New York and Miami land in Lima this morning. Then, connect to your domestic flight to Cuzco with the help of a Gate 1 Travel representative. When you land in Cuzco, you will be met by your tour manager and will transfer to the hotel in the Sacred Valley. The rest of the day, you are free to explore the surrounding countryside or relax on the scenic hotel grounds. In the evening, join the tour manager for an orientation meeting and welcome dinner.
Overnight at the Inkallpa Lodge and Spa, San Agustin Urubamba Hotel & Spa or similar. Dinner provided.
day 2 (or 3): Today, you will explore the mysterious ruins of Machu Picchu. Your day begins with a train journey, followed by a guided tour of the site. When your tour concludes, you will return to the Sacred Valley by train, and then transfer to your hotel in Cuzco.
Overnight at the San Agustin Internacional Hotel Cuzco or similar. Breakfast provided.
day 3 (or 4): Explore the ancient streets of Cuzco. You can create your own itinerary—taking in important sights like the Temple of the Sun, the Sacsayhuaman fortress, and the Museum of Pre-Columbian Art—or join one of the optional tours offered by Gate 1 Travel (for an extra fee).
Overnight at the San Agustin Internacional Hotel Cuzco or similar. Breakfast provided.
day 4 (or 5): Continue to explore Cuzco by day. In the evening, transfer to the Cuzco airport for your flight to Lima and connection back to the U.S.
day 5 (or 6): Arrive back in the U.S. with a memory card full of breathtaking photos and a suitcase full of local crafts.
(Due to high elevation, travel in the Peruvian highlands may cause some passengers to experience the temporary effects of altitude sickness. If you have any concerns about traveling to higher than your accustomed elevation, please consult your healthcare provider.)
Departures for Six-Day Trips from New York City (JFK):
January 29 ($1,199); February 5 ($1,099); February 12 ($1,199); February 19 ($1,099); February 26 ($1,199); March 5 ($1,099); March 12 ($1,199); March 19 ($1,099); March 26 and April 9 ($1,199); April 16 ($1,099); April 23, May 7, May 14, May 28, June 4, and June 11 ($1,199); June 18 and June 25 ($1,399)
Departures for Five-Day Trips from Miami (MIA):
January 30, February 27, March 13, March 27, April 10, April 24, May 29, and June 5 ($999); June 19 and June 26 ($1,199)
About Gate 1 Travel
Unless you've been everywhere, man, there's always another destination to discover. Luckily for those with wanderlust, Gate 1 Travel is one of the rare providers to offer tours to, well, just about everywhere. Founded in 1981 with only three employees, this company has grown to more than 200 employees in offices across 19 countries. They're the pros when it comes to guided tours and vacation packages in Europe, Africa, Latin America, Asia, and the South Pacific. Spin the globe, pick your destination, then let Gate 1 Travel help you cross one more spot off your list.
"The stunning Peruvian site of Machu Picchu, the fabled "lost city of the Incas," is South America's greatest attraction..."-- Frommer's
"Stately and historic, with stone streets and building foundations laid by the Incas more than 5 centuries ago, [Cuzco] is much more than a mere history lesson; it is also surprisingly dynamic..."-- Frommer's
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Book by Date: Customer must contact Merchant by December 4, 2014 to make booking
- Departures from New York City are on Thursdays, flights from Miami depart on Friday; all tours begin on Friday
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Voucher is valid for one person only
- Must be 18 or older to check-in
- When purchasing and gifting vouchers please list name as it is listed on their passport
- Rates are per person based on double occupancy. Each of two guests must purchase an Escape and arrange to stay together at the hotel. Single occupancy requires an additional fee of $150 due at booking
- Merchant cancellation policy applies. For more information, please see www.gate1travel.com/terms.aspx#CANCELLATION
- Upon confirmation, voucher will be considered used and 100% non-refundable and airfare in non-refundable once ticketed
- Includes Round-Trip Domestic Flights between Lima and Cuzco, Double-Occupancy Accommodation for Two Nights at the San Agustin Internacional or Similar in Cuzco and One Night at Inkallpa Lodge, San Agustin Urubamba Hotel & Spa, or Similar in the Sacred Valley, Three Breakfasts and One Dinner, Round-Trip Train Tickets between Ollantaytambo and Machu Picchu, Guided Tour of Machu Picchu, Hotel Transfers in a Modern Motor Coach, Airline Taxes, Fees, and Surcharges
- Does not include optional tours, gratuities, personal or baggage insurance, meals or drinks not specified in the itinerary, other personal expenses, passport and visa fees
- Hotels of a similar standard may be substituted
- Wheelchairs, walkers and motorized scooters may not be taken aboard motor coaches
- Passengers traveling abroad require a passport valid for six months beyond their travel dates. All travelers are responsible to check if a visa is required for all countries on their itinerary. For visa information, check Gate 1's Visa page
- All passport holders should have at least one entirely blank (unstamped) visa page in their passport when traveling
- Review the State Department's website for passport/visa requirements and important announcements before traveling to your destination
- All other major US airports available for a surcharge to be collected at time of booking
- The promotional value is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON June 26, 2015 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON April 19, 2020 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON June 26, 2015 • Enjoy By June 26, 2015
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms