Victorian Retreat with Modern Comfort on Shelter Island
The Candlelite Inn • Shelter Island, NY
- A Two-Night Stay for Two People, Sundays through Thursdays
- Continental Breakfast
- Combine Unlimited Vouchers for an Extended Stay
A quaint, 181-year-old Victorian house immerses you in the ease of Shelter Island while offering updated accommodations.
A little retreat from the concrete jungle. Dotting the edge of Long Island, buoyed in the waters of Gardiners Bay, Shelter Island is an aptly named haven just 2.5 hours east of Manhattan.
Charm abounds, natural and man-made. Embodying the beauty of a sea-swept New England town, the island's 8,000 acres are best seen by foot or by boat. Hike the beaches to glimpse wildlife, stroll through a neighborhood of historic Victorian homes, or glide along the currents in a kayak.
Bring your appetite. After sunset, stop by a nearby eatery for dinner—look for plump oysters and scallops, fresh from local seafood markets.
With pale yellow clapboards and prim white trim on the 181-year-old Victorian house, The Candlelite Inn's exterior could have come straight out of a picture from the turn of the century. Once you're past the wraparound porch—the creak of wicker furniture inviting leisurely relaxation—you'll find more contemporary comforts in the five guest rooms, each offering a private bath and queen-size pillow-top bed with soft linens. Rise and shine, ease into the day with breakfast and a cup of coffee in the bright sunshine, and fully explore the quiet pleasures of this peaceful island.
"[T]iny Shelter Island has for centuries served as a secluded getaway spot. Relaxed and barely developed, it has some nice beaches, protected coves great for boating and swimming, and an atmosphere unlike anything on the North or South forks."-- Frommer's
"Taking advantage of its hilltop elevation, Shelter Island Heights is the island's center of activity. Its Queen Anne, Victorian, and colonial-revival houses, stores, and inns show off embellished porches, scalloped shingles, and carved friezes."-- Read Fodor's Feature on Shelter Island
escapes 30-day promise
the fine print
- Vouchers may be combined to extend stays
- Only valid for stays between July 7 and September 30, 2014
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Merchant cancellation/rescheduling policy and fees apply once booking is made; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Voucher valid for up to 2 guests
- Valid for all rooms except the Honeymoon Cottage; all subject to availability
- Taxes/resort fee not included; payable directly to the property
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Blackout date(s): August 31
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON September 30, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON September 30, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON September 30, 2014 • Enjoy By September 30, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings