From Tigers to the Taj Mahal: Delhi, Agra, Ranthambore & Jaipur
Indus Travels •
- A Ten-Day Trip to India ($1,992 to $2,752 per Person), Including:
- Round-Trip Flights Between Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles, or New York and Delhi
- Two Nights at Vivanta by Taj - Surajkund, One Night at Taj Gateway Hotel, Two Nights at Vivanta by Taj Sawai Modhopur, and Two Nights at Trident Jaipur
- Seven Breakfasts, Two Dinners, and One Lunch
- English-Speaking Guide and Air-Conditioned Sightseeing Vehicle Throughout Tour
- Round-Trip Airport Ground Transfer
- Sightseeing Entrance Fees per Itinerary
- Airline Taxes and Fuel Surcharges
- Priced per Person Based on Double Occupancy (See Fine Print)
Spy Bengal tigers on a game drive, ride a rickshaw through a bustling bazaar, see the awe-inspiring Taj Mahal, and more on this ten-day trip.
Nowhere else on earth is there quite the kaleidoscope of color that exists in India. From the vibrant market carts brimming with marigold garlands and lotus blossoms to the richly dyed saris that blow in the wind, India is a daily fête for the senses that is difficult to top. Come wind through the streets of Delhi, a capital city that is a contradiction in culture, time, and history, where denim-clad teenagers skip about the industrial streets with cell phones plastered to their ears while cows pass freely down dirt roads on the city outskirts. Marvel at the terra-cotta walls and temples of Jaipur, India's "Pink City" and a metropolis best seen bathed in the hues of a springtime sunset. Ready your camera for exotic wildlife sightings on a thrilling game drive through Ranthambore National Park, home to Bengal tigers, leopards, langurs, and more. When you stand spellbound in the presence of the Taj Mahal in Agra, you'll be glad you experienced all this and more with this tour of India, courtesy of Indus Travels.
The Itinerary (full itinerary)
day 1: flight to delhi
day 2: welcome
• Arrive in Delhi and transfer to the hotel for check-in
• Welcome to a land of teeming bazaars, stately boulevards, and towers, temples and tombs
Overnight at Vivanta by Taj - Surajkund.
day 3: old delhi
• Ride rickshaws through Red Fort and Chadni Chowk bazaar
• Visit Raj Ghat, Gandhi's cremation site, and Jama Masjid mosque
• Snap photos of Qutab Minar, the world's tallest minaret at 240 feet
Breakfast provided. Overnight at Vivanta by Taj - Surajkund.
day 4: agra
• Five-hour drive from Delhi to medieval Agra
• Optional visit to Mother Teresa Home Missionaries of Charity
Breakfast provided. Overnight at Taj Gateway Hotel.
day 5: taj mahal and ranthambore
• Visit the Taj Mahal, a UNESCO World Heritage site described as "the jewel of Muslim art in India"
• Explore 16th-century Agra Fort, first a military structure and later a gilded palace
• Continue on to Ranthambore on a six-hour drive
• Stop at Fatehpur Sikri, the abandonded capital of the Mughal Empire
Breakfast and dinner provided. Overnight at Vivanta by Taj Sawai Modhopur.
day 6: game drives at ranthambore national park
• Visit the 150-square-mile park and tiger reserve
• Take an early-morning and afternoon game drive with a park guide
• The forested park is home to tigers, leopards, sloth bears, wild boars, monkeys, deer, crocodiles, and 270+ species of birds
Breakfast and lunch provided. Overnight at Vivanta by Taj Sawai Modhopur.
day 7: the pink city of jaipur
• Depart for the capital of Rajasthan, a four-hour drive
• Shop, people-watch, and explore in the walled city's Johori Bazaar
• Opt to stop by the ornate Raj Mandir cinema for a Bollywood movie at your own expense
Breakfast provided. Overnight at Trident Jaipur.
day 8: elephant rides
• Hop on a pachyderm and ride up the hill to Amber Fort
• Visit the Jagmandir, the hall of victory built in the 1590s
• The afternoon is yours to spend as you please, with optional tours of the Hawa Mahal (Palace of Winds) at your own expense
Breakfast provided. Overnight at Trident Jaipur.
day 9: last day in delhi
• Drive six hours back to Delhi
• Transfer to the airport
day 10: homeward bound
• Board your return flight, souvenirs, spices, and memories in tow
Chicago (ORD) departures: November 25, 2014 ($2,152); December 25, 2014 ($2,752); January 27, 2015; February 10, 2015; March 10, 2015 ($2,152); April 7, 14, or 21, 2015 ($1,992)
New York (JFK) departures: November 25, 2014 ($2,152); December 25, 2014 ($2,752); January 27, 2015; February 10, 2015; March 10, 2015 ($2,152); April 7, 14, or 21, 2015 ($1,992)
Los Angeles (LAX) departures: November 25, 2014 ($2,312); December 25, 2014 ($2,912); January 27, 2015; February 10, 2015; March 10, 2015 ($2,312); April 7, 14, or 21, 2015 ($2,152)
Houston (IAH) departures: November 25, 2014 ($2,392); December 25, 2014 ($2,992); January 27, 2015; February 10, 2015; March 10, 2015 ($2,392); April 7, 14, or 21, 2015 ($2,232)
Priced per person based on double occupancy (see fine print).
"Scratch beyond the gritty surface and you’ll swiftly discover that India’s capital is sprinkled with glittering gems: captivating ancient monuments, magnificent museums, a vivacious performing-arts scene and some of the subcontinent’s yummiest places."-- Lonely Planet
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability; must be made by August 31, 2014
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- When purchasing and gifting vouchers please list name as it is listed on their passport
- Rates are per person based on double occupancy. Each of two guests must purchase an Escape and arrange to stay together at the hotel. Single occupancy requires an additional fee of $390 due at booking
- Includes round-trip flights between New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, or Houston and Delhi, two nights at Taj Surajkund, one night at Taj Gateway Hotel, two nights at Vivanta by Taj Sawai Madhopur Lodge, and two nights at Trident Jaipar, seven breakfasts, two dinners, and one lunch, on-arrival meeting and assistance by a representative, indian traditional welcome, transportation/transfers in an air-conditioned deluxe coach, siteseeing and entry fees as per the itinerary, rickshaw ride in old Delhi, ShoeCovers at the Taj Mahal, tonga (horse cart) ride at Agra, elephant ride at Amber Fort, Jaipur, shopping tour in Jaipur, two canter safaris at Rathambore National Park, services of English speaking guides, international airfare and taxes, airline fuel charges, hotel/resort fees, and entrance/admission fees
- Does not include passport/visa fees, gratuities, personal or baggage insurance, meals or drinks not specified by itinerary, or any costs not specified as included
- No refunds allowed
- Review the State Department's website for passport/visa requirements and important announcements before traveling to your destination
- Other major US airports available for a surcharge to be collected at time of booking
- Trip add-ons available through the merchant directly
- The promotional value is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON April 21, 2015 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON April 21, 2020 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON April 21, 2015 • Enjoy By April 21, 2015
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings