A Foodie Fiesta in Santa Fe
- A Three-Day Culinary Trip in Santa Fe, New Mexico, for One ($399) or Two ($778), Including:
- Double-Occupancy Accommodations for Two Nights in a One-Bedroom Condo at Fort Marcy Hotel Suites in Santa Fe, New Mexico
- Hands-On Cooking Class and Dinner with Chef John Vollertsen
- Foodie Tour of Downtown Santa Fe with Lunch Tastings
- Signed Copy of Cooking with Johnny Vee by John Vollertsen
- Priced per Person Based on Double Occupancy (See Fine Print)
Adobe artwork and adobo sauce—Santa Fe's culture and cuisine pack a punch on this three-day tour.
Washed in the rich hues of terracotta, vermillion, and soft adobe pink, Santa Fe is practically picture-perfect—which is why it's been a haven and source of inspiration for visual artists like Georgia O'Keefe and Eliot Porter. Emulating the city's vibrant colors, Santa Fe's culinary scene starts with a simple question—red or green?—and ends in flavor-packed fare, inspired by Mexican cuisine and making use of fresh, seasonal ingredients. Sample spicy dried chilies lining the streets of the Santa Fe Farmers Market; nibble a cinnamon-dusted bizcochito, the official state cookie; and sip on a glass of red from a local vineyard—this oasis of inventiveness has no problem engaging and enchanting each of your senses.
But let's keep our priorities straight—Epitourean puts taste at the top of the list with this three-day tour.
You'll be bringing home more than souvenirs when you take a place in the three-hour, hands-on cooking class with Chef John Vollertsen, professional instructor and culinary columnist for The Santa Fe New Mexican. This experienced epicure will walk you through the basics of favorite New Mexican dishes, as well as his own creative additions to the spicy roster. In a state-of-the-art kitchen, you and your fellow gourmands will create a mouthwatering meal in high New Mexican style, and once the fun part is over, you're in for a real treat as you chow down on your culinary masterpiece for the evening meal.
Now that you've stayed in for a home-cooked dinner, you'll be ready to head out and explore the food and historic culture of the city. Try delicacies and regional specialties from local markets and eateries, tasting centuries of edible evolution as you round out your experience for a fuller understanding of southwestern fare.
It doesn't seem like this secluded condo at Fort Marcy Suites is just four blocks from the historic Santa Fe Plaza. Set upon a low hill amid nine acres of desert-defying foliage, these one-bedroom suites feature fully equipped kitchens, wood-burning fireplaces, and separate living areas where southwestern décor reigns supreme, from exposed rafters and raw-wood beams to terra-cotta tile and adobe bricks. Stretch out on a comfy armchair after your gastronomic adventures, or take in the view from your private patio or balcony to feast your eyes on this flavorful area.
"Absolutely loved Fort Marcy. The staff was helpful, and the accommodations nothing short of wonderful... And the location is perfect! It's in the middle of a neighborhood, kind of tucked away, but still right next to the heart of downtown Santa Fe."-- Hotels.com Review
Recently took a cooking class in Las Cruces, NM from Johnny Vee, who lived up to his hype. He has amazingly simple, delicious recipes that places elegant cooking within the grasp of the novice... Oh, and the cookbook is great, too."-- Amazon Review of Cooking with Johnny Vee
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 4 per customer, additional as gifts; vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays August 1, 2014 - May 31, 2015
- Book by date: customer must contact merchant by July 31, 2014 to make booking
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Voucher includes double-occupancy accommodations for 2 nights in a one-bedroom condo at Fort Marcy Hotel Suites in Santa Fe, hotel/resort fees, hands-on cooking class and dinner with Chef John Vollertsen, foodie tour of downtown Santa Fe with lunch tastings, signed copy of Cooking with Johnny Vee by John Vollertsen
- Voucher does not include transportation to Santa Fe, airfare, airline taxes, airline fuel surcharges, passport/visa fees, gratuities, personal or baggage insurance, meals or drinks not specified by itinerary, any costs not specified as included
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Double Occupancy: rates are per person based on double occupancy (two people sharing a room). Each of two guests must purchase an Escape and arrange to stay together at the property. Single occupancy requires an additional fee of $159
- Merchant cancellation policy applies. For more information, please visit http://tinyurl.com/nd6w65t
- 13.8% tax not included; payable at the time of booking
- Incidental charges, charges for additional services and gratuity at the property are not included
- The promotional value is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- For any questions, please call 800-390-3292
- Blackout date(s): December 21, 2014 - January 3, 2015
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON May 31, 2015 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON May 31, 2020 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON May 31, 2015 • Enjoy By May 31, 2015
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms