In Yukon, Spend 3 Nights Viewing the Aurora Borealis
Northern Tales Travel Services •
- A Three-Night Stay for One at the Best Western Gold Rush Inn
- Three Nights of Guided Aurora Borealis Viewing
- 90-Minute Whitehorse City Tour
- Round-Trip Transfer Between Airport and Hotel
Get away from it all in beautiful Yukon, one of the world's best places to view the northern lights.
Miles of nothing but nature. Sprawled out over more than 185,000 square miles, Canada's westernmost territory, Yukon, is larger than California. But with only about 34,000 permanent residents, it's a thousand times less populous than the Golden State. Translation: There's no better place than here—where the night sky is unsullied by buildings and billboards, lights and traffic—to catch the aurora borealis in all its swirling glory.
Whitehorse: population 28,000. Make your home base in Yukon's capital of Whitehorse, and you'll be situated just a short drive from the region's best viewing areas while also surrounded by the amenities and services of Yukon's largest city. Discover Downtown Whitehorse on a 90-minute tour and soak up three days of aurora viewing in the countryside, courtesy of Northern Tales Travel Services.
At the newly renovated Best Western Gold Rush Inn, guests are situated just minutes from both downtown and the Yukon River. In addition to an on-site Aveda Spa and fitness center, this 100-percent non-smoking hotel is home to the Gold Pan Saloon, named one of the Best Bars Across Canada by The Globe and Mail. Be sure to make like a Yukonian and wash down a few local pints with a side of elk steak. At night, retire to your guest room, which features satellite TV; a refrigerator, coffeemaker, and microwave; and a desk with chair.
Nope, that's not a bird or a plane streaking through the stars; those are the famous northern lights. The brilliantly emerald (and sometimes red, white, purple, blue, pink, yellow, and orange) aurora borealis has left viewers awestruck for millennia. A guide will take you to the best view areas and if you get cold, you'll have a heated cabin or a walled tent to warm up in over hot cocoa. You'll also have the opportunity to rent winter clothing for about $120 plus tax.
Come daylight, don a parka for one of several add-on day trips offered by Northern Tales, from dog sledding to ice fishing to snowmobiling. (Tours last four to eight hours; prices range from $95 to $285.) After the guided trek, thaw out in the Takhini Hot Springs, about 30 minutes from Whitehorse.
"Fall comes early but with its own burst of color as leaves turn shocking shades of gold and crimson. In winter, you'll understand why so many would never leave. Days of utter quiet to contemplate a snowy solitude."-- Lonely Planet
"Great customer service. Friendly and helpful staff."-- LivingSocial Member
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 2 per customer, additional as gifts; vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays September 15, 2014 - April 12, 2015
- Book by date: customer must contact merchant by December 15, 2014 to make booking
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Voucher includes double-occupancy accommodation for 3 nights at the Best Western Gold Rush Inn, 90-minute Whitehorse city tour, 3 nights of guided Aurora Borealis viewing including hot drinks and snacks, round-trip transfer between airport and hotel
- Voucher does not include flights to and from Whitehorse, meals, winter clothing rental, optional tours, guide gratuity, personal travel insurance
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Double Occupancy: rates are per person based on double occupancy (two people sharing a room). Each of two guests must purchase an Escape and arrange to stay together at the property. Single occupancy requires an additional fee of $200 CAD
- Merchant cancellation policy applies. For more information, please visit http://www.auroraborealisyukon.com/auroratours/AuroraTourPackage
- 5% GST taxes not included; payable directly to the property
- Incidental charges, charges for additional services and gratuity at the property are not included
- Passport required
- Review the State Department's website for passport/visa requirements and important announcements before traveling to your destination
- Blackout date(s): December 20, 2014 - January 4, 2015
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON April 12, 2015 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON April 12, 2020 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON April 12, 2015 • Enjoy By April 12, 2015
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
• Prices listed in Canadian dollars