Tread the Vikings' Footsteps in Iceland
Friendly Planet Travel •
- A Five-Day Tour of Reykjavik, Iceland ($899 to $1,299 per Person), Including:
- Round-Trip International Flights from New York City, Newark, Boston, Toronto, and Seattle to Reykjavik, Iceland
- Round-Trip Ground Transportation from Airport via Flybus
- Double-Occupancy Accommodations for Three Nights at Center Hotel Plaza in Reykjavik
- Three Breakfasts
- Reykjavik City Tour
- Airline Taxes, Fuel Surcharges, Hotel Fees, and Entrance Fees
- Priced per Person Based on Double Occupancy (See Fine Print)
Explore Iceland's fiery past while soaking up Reykjavik's modern-day offerings, with optional add-ons to explore outside the capital city as well.
Fire and ice. When reflecting on Iceland, that antithetical phrase surfaces again and again in an attempt to encapsulate this 40,000-square-mile country of contradictions. Geographically, the island wars against itself as the elements crack and gush, creating spectacular casualties like the steam-shrouded geothermal spa dubbed the Blue Lagoon. In Reykjavik, the capital city, 21st-century urbanity and village folklife muscle for dominance as futuristic buildings like the glass-domed Perlan punctuate the cityscape, still outnumbered by traditional low-rise structures with brightly painted roofs. The cosmopolitan inhabitants are as warm as the ocean currents that contribute to a mild, New England-esque climate; though acutely aware of their place in the socioeconomic landscape of Europe, Icelanders take every opportunity to celebrate a robust Viking heritage. Many preserve a belief in huldufólk ("hidden people"), magical elf-like beings living in the volcanic rock that must not be disturbed.
Experience a global player still humming with old-world magic, thanks to Friendly Planet Travel.
Depart from your US location for an overnight flight to Reykjavik.
After landing in Reykjavik and being transferred to the hotel to stow your luggage, you'll be free to enjoy the city at your leisure. After the recycled air and cramped space of a plane ride, there's nothing like a luxurious soak in the Blue Lagoon (available for an additional fee). The mineral-rich geothermal body of water is fed by deep wells that sustain a constant, toasty temperature—around 110 degrees—as well as a hardly believable shade of robin's egg blue.
Overnight at Center Hotel Plaza.
Wake up for the first time in Reykjavik to a breakfast of eggs, bacon, oatmeal, fresh bread, and more from the generous buffet. Then, you'll enjoy an afternoon tour of the city by foot and motor coach featuring a comprehensive introduction to the past and present of Reykjavik. Explore the Pearl, Hallgrímskirkja church, the harbor, and the renowned 101 Reykjavik neighborhood, taking in the dramatic skyline of volcano-formed mountains along the way.
Overnight at Center Hotel Plaza. Breakfast provided.
Now that you've had a chance to get to know Reykjavik a little better, take some time to dig deeper on your own. For an additional fee, you can head out of the city to tour Iceland's famous Golden Circle of natural and historic sites, or spend the evening seeking the awe-inspiring northern lights—truly, one of nature's most fantastic displays.
Overnight at Center Hotel Plaza. Breakfast provided.
Take a last look at this otherworldly island as you embark on your return flight to the US.
New York City (JFK) departures:
November 23, 2014 ($999)
December 15, 2014 ($1,299)
January 12, 22 and 29; and February 19 and 26, 2015 ($899)
March 16 and 30, 2015 ($949)
Newark (EWR) departures:
December 18, 2014 ($1,099)
January 1, 2015 ($999)
March 5, 2015 ($899)
Boston (BOS) departures:
November 1, 2014; December 7 and 22, 2014; March 19, 2015 ($999)
January 15; February 9 and 16, 2015 ($899)
March 12, 2015 ($949)
Toronto (YYZ) departures:
November 30, 2014; January 8, 2015; and March 23, 2015 ($999)
January 19 and February 2 and 23, 2015 ($899)
March 9, 2015 ($949)
Seattle (SEA) departures:
January 5 or 26, February 12, March 2 and 26, 2015 ($999)
*Priced per person based on double occupancy (see fine print)
"A mythical kingdom ruled by elves and Arctic energy, Iceland is where the past meets the future in an elemental symphony of wind, stone, fire and ice."-- Lonely Planet
"The location of this hotel is positively perfect, right on a square with a taxi stand, coffee shops and restaurants, and the old harbor. The staff is exceptional, very friendly and helpful."-- Hotels.com Review
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Book by Date: Customer must contact Merchant by August 20 to make booking
- Must be 21 or older to make booking and anyone under 18 must be traveling with another person that is 21 or older; travelers on the tour must be 8 years of age or older
- Not valid toward existing reservations
- Voucher is non-refundable from LivingSocial once voucher is booked with Merchant
- Merchant cancellation policy applies. For more information, please see tinyurl.com/pp3ay37
- Rates are per person based on double occupancy (two people sharing a room). Each of two guests must purchase an Escape and arrange to stay together at the hotel. Single occupancy requires an additional $199 due at booking
- Includes round-trip international flights from New York City, Newark, Boston, Toronto, and Seattle to Reykjavik, Iceland; round-trip ground transportation from airport via Flybus; double-occupancy accommodations for 3 nights at Center Hotel Plaza in Reykjavik; 3 breakfasts; Reykjavik city tour; airline taxes; fuel surcharges; hotel fees; and entrance fees
- Does not include passports, gratuities to drivers, local guides, etc., meals and beverages other than specified, personal and baggage insurance, and items of a personal nature
- Passports are required
- Similar or better hotels will be substituted based on availability
- Review the State Department's website for passport requirements and important announcements before traveling to your destination
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON March 30, 2015 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON March 30, 2020 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON March 30, 2015 • Enjoy By March 30, 2015
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms