Livin' La Vida Slowca
McKenzie River Inn • Vida, OR
- A Two-Night Stay for Two, Sundays through Thursdays ($107) or Fridays and Saturdays ($127) in the Romantic Suite, West Room, or East Room
- A Two-Night Stay for Two, Sundays through Thursdays ($138) or Fridays and Saturdays ($158) in a Cabin plus Two Half-Bottles of Wine Upon Arrival
- Daily Breakfast for Two
Thoreau and Emerson had the right idea—a little me-time in nature is soothing for the soul. Transcend the everyday with this week's Escape to wide-open Vida, Oregon, about 30 minutes east of Eugene on the edge of Willamette National Forest.
The McKenzie River Inn is offering a two-night stay for two, Sundays through Thursdays ($107) or Fridays and Saturdays ($127), in the Romantic Suite, the West Room, or the East Room. If it's true solitude you seek, opt for a two-night stay for two, Sundays through Thursdays ($138) or Fridays and Saturdays ($158), in a cabin.
Never mind that Vida is pronounced with a long "i"; it's spelled like the Spanish word for "life," and that's exactly what you'll get at this rustic Lane County getaway: a bountiful orchard, winding hiking trails, nesting osprey, and the slow-flowing McKenzie River just steps from your door.
The interior tells a different, though no less alluring, story: The West Room boasts an en suite hot tub, the East Room features a panoramic view of the river, and the Romantic Suite is outfitted with an antique hundred-year-old bed frame.
Meanwhile, a cabin stay earns you two half-bottles of wine upon arrival. Each cabin is a secluded nook ideal for romance, and they're equipped with kitchenettes, hot tubs, and private decks with a view of the water.
Start your day with breakfast in the main dining area, where you might indulge in French toast, salmon omelets, or a garden medley quiche, made with fruits and veggies grown in the orchard.
Then cast a line in the river. The beginning of the year already promises trout, and innkeeper Bert offers guided fly fishing expeditions along the river. Go with the flow or head upstream—there are plenty of opportunities for both rafting and simply cruising.
However you choose to fill out your Escape, you're bound to find virtue in self-reliance. And by self-reliance, of course, we mean summoning the confidence to break out of the city, into the backwoods of Vida, and onto the waterside dream that is the McKenzie River Inn.
"I'm a regular traveler throughout the Pacific Northwest, and it's simply wonderful to catch my breath at this B&B on the river and enjoy the fishing, the splendid views, the excellent breakfast, the clean and comfortable rooms, and the pleasant service."-- iLoveInns
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 72 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Vouchers include daily breakfast for two
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Based upon double occupancy
- Pets are allowed
- Children allowed
- Taxes/Resort fees not included; payable directly to the property
- Offer may be combined to extend stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON May 31, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON May 31, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON May 31, 2012 • Enjoy By May 31, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings