Write Off City Life in the Rock River Valley
Pinehill Inn • Oregon, IL
- A Two-Night Stay for Two on Sundays through Thursdays
- Daily Continental Breakfast for Two
- Bottle of Wine and Chocolates Upon Arrival
Are you seeking a romance, an adventure, or maybe even a mystery? Close the book on your usual vacations and Escape to the Pinehill Inn—a B&B listed on the National Register of Historic Places and a favorite haunt of W. Somerset Maugham, a best-selling author in the 1930s.
Pencil in a date with your favorite muse and head two hours west of Chicago to Oregon, Illinois, for a two-night stay on Sundays through Thursdays ($136).
Let the story begin with an included bottle of wine and chocolates in your rich accommodations. Each room has a queen- or king-size bed topped with a memory foam mattress, while some have jetted tubs and fireplaces. Store refreshments in the room's mini refrigerator, or grab tea and some popcorn (or other snack) from the 24-hour butler's pantry before picking a movie from the inn's extensive library.
Words can't describe how well-rested you'll feel each morning as you indulge in fresh fruit, bagels, English muffins, cereal, and more. Sip coffee, tea, and juice in the dining room by the gray marble fireplace or on the 74-foot veranda.
After breakfast, get ready for page-turning activities in the area, which boasts three state parks (all within a 15-minute drive of Oregon) and the John Deere Historic Site. Explore the trails at Lowden-Miller State Forest, White Pines Forest State Park, or Castle Rock State Park, and admire the art along the Oregon Sculpture Trail.
If time allows, compose an afternoon of fishing for bass and catfish in the Rock River. T.J.'s Bait/Tackle and Canoe Rentals can provide the canoe and paddles.
Conclude the day's chapter with Italian fare at La Vigna or a juicy filet at Blackhawk Steak Pit, then skip ahead to the best part: a peaceful night of sleep.
If a getaway to a quiet, small town sounds like a novel idea, you'll want to do more than just bookmark this week's Escape.
"Historic property, terrific hosts, and a great area to explore. We hiked the trails at White Pines Forest State Park, took in some local history (the Lorado Taft art colony and many local sculptures), and just enjoyed the natural beauty of the area."-- BedandBreakfast.com
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit two per purchaser, additional as gifts
- Vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required; subject to availability
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 7 days in advance of scheduled arrival; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Based on double occupancy
- Voucher cannot be combined with any other discounts, vouchers, or gift certificates
- Taxes/resort fees not included and will be collected at redemption
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON May 15, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON May 15, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON May 15, 2012 • Enjoy By May 15, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings