A Cottage in the Woods by the Bay
Deer Harbor Cottages • Deer Harbor, WA
- A Two-Night Stay for Up to Two Adults and Two Children, Sundays through Thursdays, in the Cottage on the Bluff ($284) or Up to Eight Guests in The Norton's Harbor View Cottage ($410)
- Or, a Two-Night Stay for Two Adults and Two Children, Fridays and Saturdays, in the Cottage on the Bluff ($340) or Up to Eight Guests in The Norton's Harbor View Cottage ($492)
- $20 per Person Whale-Watching Vouchers, 20% Off One Entrée at Deer Harbor Inn Restaurant, and $25 Massage Credit per Person
Whale vs. deer—no, it's not the latest YouTube sensation. The two will be vying for your viewing pleasure with this week's Escape to Orcas Island, host to a huge population of black-tailed deer and one of the country's best places to spot migrating orca whales.
The largest island in the San Juan archipelago also plays host to Deer Harbor Cottages, offering a two-night stay for up to two adults and two children, Sundays through Thursdays, in The Cottage on the Bluff ($284) or for up to eight guests in the Norton's Harbor View Cottage ($410). Or, opt for a two-night stay, Fridays and Saturdays, in The Cottage on the Bluff ($340) or Norton's Harbor View Cottage ($492).
The charming Cottage on the Bluff is pet-friendly and features a propane fireplace, a king-size log bed, a full-size cottage couch, a kitchenette with stove, microwave, fridge, and coffee maker, a private bathroom, and a satellite TV with a library of DVDs. Venture outside to your deck, where a four-person hot tub overlooks the harbor and the pristine Olympic Peninsula.
The three-bedroom, two-bathroom Norton's Harbor View Cottage sits on a knoll overlooking Deer Harbor. With its king-, two queen-size beds, double twin, a queen-size airbed, a pack-n-play crib, and a full kitchen, this spacious home comfortably accommodates up to eight guests. Watch the sunset over the Olympic Mountains from the Jacuzzi spa on your private deck; stretch out with a book on the leather couch; or play pool, foosball, basketball, and darts in the game room.
Either way, you're a short walk from the harbor. Use your $20 per person whale-watching vouchers and head out into the tranquil, protected waters that killer whales, minke whales, bald eagles, seals, and porpoises call home. Open-water kayaking offers similar thrills, while landlubbers will revel in the numerous hiking trails frequented by black-tailed deer.
After a day of activities, use your $25 per person massage vouchers at the Ataraxia Spa Cabin before taking a short evening stroll to the family-owned Deer Harbor Inn Restaurant. You'd be wise to use your voucher for 20 percent off one entrée on the famous locally caught, wild king salmon or halibut.
Forget whale vs. deer—had you passed on this dream vacation, it would've been you vs. regret.
"The island, which covers 58 square miles, is a particular favorite of nature lovers who come to enjoy the views of green rolling pastures, the hiking trails of Moran State Park, the forested mountains ... and fjordlike bays."-- Frommer's
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Must book your reservation no later than January 31, 2013
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Offers may be combined to extend stay (Up to six consecutive nights)
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 14 days applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Based upon double occupancy
- Children allowed
- Vouchers include $20 per Person Whale-Watching Vouchers, 20% Off One Entrée at Deer Harbor Inn Restaurant, and $25 Massage Credit per Person
- Taxes/Resort fees not included; payable directly to the property
- Blackout dates include, but not limited to, July 1-September 1, 2012
- Pet friendly and a pet fee of $25/nt charged at property
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON April 18, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON April 18, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON April 18, 2013 • Enjoy By April 18, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 50% savings