Country Retreat on the Banks of the River Wye
The Red Lion Hotel • Bredwardine, Herefordshire, United Kingdom
- Two-Night Stay for Two in a Double Room
- Daily Breakfast
- £15 to Spend on Wine When Dining on Either Night
- Need Help? Contact our Travel Concierge at firstname.lastname@example.org
After a quick roam along its banks, the Romans named the River Wye "Vaga"—or the wanderer —and hundreds of years later, Wordsworth concurred with their assessment, referring to it in his Lyrical Ballads as the "wanderer thro' the woods."
Poets and soldiers agree it's always been the perfect place for a bit of a ramble, and with a two-night stay at The Red Lion Hotel near Hereford for £98, you don't have to stroll very far to find somewhere to rest your boots at the end of the day (up to £202 in value).
In the village of Bredwardine—eight miles from Hay-on-Wye and nestled between the Malvern Hills and the Black Mountains—you'll find a charming red brick 17th century coaching inn that once doubled as a courtroom. Let your eyes rove over oak beams, the wood-panelled bar, and feature fireplaces before you check into an individually-furnished en suite room with traditional dark wood furniture and floral bedspreads to reflect the tranquil old-world feel of the rest of the hotel.
In the restaurant, home cooked dishes use prime British beef, game, and salmon, and are made using locally-sourced ingredients where possible. Dine on either or both nights, and there is £15 to spend on wine to accompany your meal.
After breakfast, let the beautiful views entice you out. You could make the trek to the Brecon Beacons and scale all 886 metres of its highest mountain Pen y Fan—or if that's a bit too much for your thighs, the River Wye itself is ideal for wildlife enthusiasts, anglers, and exploring by canoe or kayak.
Whether you want to hike or just put your feet up, this week's Escape lets you steal a march on a Heart of England break.
"An oasis of tranquillity, rural Herefordshire is scattered with quintessentially English villages of black-and-white timbered charm, a cherished sense of community, and well-developed appreciation of the quiet life."-- Lonely Planet
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- 1 voucher is valid for 2 people and must be used over consecutive nights
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation
- Reservations required and subject to availability - stay must be completed by December 20, 2012
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 48 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Deal based on double occupancy in a double or twin standard room
- Voucher includes daily breakfast and £15 to spend on wine when dining on either night
- Not valid in conjunction with any other offer and cannot be applied towards existing reservations
- Please contact merchant directly, within 30 days of voucher-issue, for information on any special assistance required including disabled access - if the merchant's arrangements are not adequate for your requirements, LivingSocial will be happy to issue a refund under our standard cancellation policy
- Please contact 01981 500303 prior to purchase for further information if required
- Deal price inclusive of VAT
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON December 20, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON December 20, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON December 20, 2012 • Enjoy By December 20, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• No cash value/cash back
• Service not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
or call our concierge at 0207 763 4600
- 51% savings