High-Design-Yet-Homey Digs in LA
Palihouse Holloway • West Hollywood, CA
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in a Classic Guest Suite
- Daily Parking
- Late 2 p.m. Checkout
- Combine Vouchers to Extend Stay
LA gets a bad rap for its sprawling cityscape and tangled web of highways, but this can be avoided by decamping to the coolest neighborhood in the city: West Hollywood. Better yet, to digs that British GQ calls "the epitome of the living space you wished you were able to call home": the Palihouse Holloway.
The first impression of the self-described "urban lodge" is the lobby, where a collection of vintage furnishings and industrial accents lend a homey, well-traveled feel to the stylish space. And, appropriately, the property's panache inspires countless posts on design blogs: the lobby's cork mood board! the exposed brick walls! the Noguchi lamps!
Escape to the property that The New York Times calls "Los Angeles's answer to Soho House, without the private membership" for a two-night stay for two ($481).
Less of a hotel room and more of a spacious European flat-slash-LA loft, the Classic Guest Suite's sleek kitchen is stocked with top-of-the-line appliances and the queen-size bed is topped with designer linens. Other you-wish-you-had-at-home amenities include Carrera marble bathrooms with rainfall showerheads and, of course, views of the city and the Hollywood Hills. All this in addition to complimentary Wi-Fi, a flat-screen TV, and a washer/dryer.
In the morning, grab a newspaper and espresso downstairs in the lounge before taking one of the hotel's vintage bikes for a spin around the neighborhood.
"[It's] in the middle of WeHo (West Hollywood), very handy for Melrose Avenue and Robertson Boulevard shopping and a few blocks away from the Sunset Strip, Hollywood, and fashionable Runyan Canyon for hikes," says The Telegraph.
After a day on the town, slip into one of the Adirondack chairs on the Astroturf rooftop to watch the sunset, or on chilly evenings, make your way to the lobby's fireplace.
Then, dine by candlelight on the patio at Palihouse Courtyard Brasserie—a happenin' spot during happy hour, but also an oasis from the noisy spots on Santa Monica Boulevard. While the table next to you may be a top agent and producer meeting to discuss an upcoming flick, the atmosphere is very non-sceney (no paparazzi here). Seasonal southern French cuisine is the focus, with charcuterie and cheese for sharing and entrées like chicken apricot pot pie, duck confit with peaches and a poached egg, classic steak frites with chimichurri butter, and a burger with melted gruyère and caramelized onions.
With a mellow members-only vibe, the Palihouse is a place you want into.
"Designed with a clean mix of wood, marble, and steel, all accommodations include (at minimum) a turnkey kitchen with high-end appliances, marble bathroom, and views of the city and hillside."-- Travel + Leisure
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Must complete stay by December 30, 2012
- Entire value must be used in a single visit
- Limit 7 per purchaser, up to 7 additional as a gift
- Vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 72 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Based upon double occupancy
- Taxes/Resort fees not included; payable directly to the property
- Blackout dates include 10/31/12
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON December 30, 2012 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON December 30, 2017 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON December 30, 2012 • Enjoy By December 30, 2012
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 40% savings