Amid the Purple Mountain Majesties
Cheyenne Mountain Resort • Colorado Springs, CO
- A One- ($104) or Two-Night ($197) Stay for Two in a Standard Room With an Upgrade to the Next Available Room Type
- Daily $10 Food and Beverage Credit
- Late 2 p.m. Checkout
- Resort Fee Included
- Combine Unlimited Vouchers for an Extended Stay
When Katherine Lee Bates traveled to Colorado Springs and laid eyes on the majestic Pikes Peak, she was inspired to pen "America the Beautiful." The scenery was that amazing.
Escape to the area with a trip to the Cheyenne Mountain Resort, a 217-acre natural wonderland set amid the Rockies. Stay for one ($104) or two ($197) nights in a standard room, with an upgrade to the next available room type, a daily $10 food-and-beverage credit, late 2 p.m. checkout, and included resort fee. Spacious accommodations are appointed with colorful décor, a balcony or patio, and thoughtful touches like Gilchrist & Soames toiletries, iPod docks, and free wireless Internet.
The most stunning amenities, however, await outside your door. Besides the living-postcard skylines, the resort boasts a 35-acre lake, indoor tennis courts, indoor pool, and state-of-the-art fitness center.
A short drive away, discover why geological showcase and public park Garden of the Gods lives up to its name, wander the Manitou Cliff Dwellings built 700 years ago by the Anasazi people, or stroll the twinkling, crystal-filled subterranean dreamscape known as the Cave of the Winds. Then, marvel at Pikes Peak, the second most visited mountain in the world (and the most popular in North America). If you're feeling ambitious, take a hike up the Barr Trail, where the Pikes Peak Marathon is held each summer—in 12 miles, you'll climb an altitude of 7,800 feet. Or, take a more relaxed trip up the mountain on the Pikes Peak Cog Railway, the highest train in the country.
When you've worked up an appetite, head back to the resort and settle in at the wood-beamed Mountain View Restaurant. Start with lemony asparagus bisque dolloped with basil pesto or blackened shrimp perched atop rich cheddar grits. Then, learn why Colorado is famous for its meats over locally raised bison short ribs rubbed with ancho chilies and espresso or the Thai-barbecue-style rack of lamb. Bates never ate here, but if she had, she probably would have added a line about food right after mentioning the "purple mountain majesties."
"The main lodge is an attractive setting for relaxing and dining, with a massive stone fireplace and thick wooden beams supporting the soaring ceiling. An elaborate Sunday brunch is delicious."-- Read Fodor's Review of Cheyenne Mountain Resort
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required; subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 7 days in advance of scheduled arrival; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Stay must be completed by: April 4, 2013
- Based upon double occupancy
- Blackout date(s): November 3-5, 2012; November 7-8, 2012; January 17-18, 2013; February 25-28, 2013; March 11-12, 2012; March 20-23, 2013
- Voucher cannot be combined with any other discounts, vouchers, or gift certificates
- Sales tax not included and will be collected at redemption
- Includes $10/night Food and Beverage credit available for on-property services
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON April 4, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON April 4, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON April 4, 2013 • Enjoy By April 4, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings