Bangkok, Angkor Wat, Phuket + Flights
LivingSocial Adventure Tours • Bangkok, Thailand
Southeast Asia is a land where city streets hum with tireless motion, millennia of culture stir in the fissures of ruined monuments, and sugary beaches spill out toward the far reaches of sight. To travel beyond familiarity's borders, take a look at life from the other side of the planet—you'll get an eyeful on this ten-day Escape to Thailand and Angkor Wat from LivingSocial Adventure Tours. In addition to round-trip international flights, the tour includes connecting flights between destinations because less time in transit means more time to explore with your group.
Stretch your mind with two days and nights in Bangkok, Thailand's churning capital city. Urban life whirls through open-air flower markets, winding among silk peddlers and mingling with the curried aromas of street carts. While here, you'll marvel at the Wat Arun and Wat Pho temples, as well as the Grand Palace and Emerald Buddha.
Next, jet off to Siem Reap, Cambodia, for a full-day guided tour of Angkor Wat. The temple's structural symmetry and imposing scale wow on an conceptual level, while the Hindu deities carved into its walls entangle the imagination. The last leg of your trip brings you to the tropical beaches of Phuket. Two days here will convince you that water really can be turquoise and sandy shorelines don't have to end.
The globe will never seem so big as it does on your first trip to Southeast Asia. And while you're busy discovering another world, you just might learn something about your own.
Flights provided by Vayama. Please read important information regarding Airline Liability Limitations and rules and policies about this fare. Prices do not include baggage fees charged directly by the airline.
Priced per person based on double occupancy (see fine print). If you have any questions regarding this tour, please contact email@example.com.
- A Ten-Day Tour of Thailand and Cambodia, Including:
- Round-Trip International Flights from JFK or LAX Airports and Connecting Flights Between Bangkok, Siem Reap, and Phuket
- Round-Trip Ground Transportation from Airports to Hotels and Group Sightseeing Destinations
- Seven Nights of Double-Occupancy Accommodations at Three- and Four-Star Properties
- Welcome Cocktail and Snacks, Daily Breakfast, and One Dinner
- Half-Day Tour of Bangkok with Visits to Wat Pho, Wat Arun, Grand Palace, and Emerald Buddha
- Full-Day Guided Tour of Angkor Wat
- Siem Reap Orientation Walk
- Private LivingSocial Adventure Guide Throughout and Local Guide at Angkor Wat
- Prices Based on Double Occupancy (See Fine Print)
- Recommended Packing List
Depart the U.S. aboard a flight bound for Bangkok, Thailand. Though you'll be in the sky less than 24 hours, crossing the International Date Line means you'll arrive two calendar days later.
On the afternoon of day three, you'll touch down at Bangkok's Suvarnabhumi Airport. A LivingSocial representative will bring you to Nouvo City Hotel, your home base for the next two nights. Join your private LivingSocial Adventure Guide and fellow travelers at a welcome meeting with cocktails and snacks before turning in for the night. If you have energy to spare, head out for a taste of the city's famous nightlife.
Grab an early breakfast the next morning before venturing out into the captivating chaos of Thailand's capital. From 9 a.m. to noon, your LivingSocial Adventure Guide will take you around to marvel at the Buddhist temples of Wat Arun and Wat Pho. You'll also visit the Grand Palace, residence of the kings, court, and royal government from its construction in 1782 until 1925. Inside the 54-acre palace complex, the temple Wat Phra Kaew houses the Emerald Buddha, considered the palladium of Thailand. This seated figure—which legend dates back to 43 BC—is carved from a single piece of jade and dressed in various sets of solid-gold clothing.
The afternoon and evening are yours to spend as you choose. Take a bike tour through the jammed streets, drift along the canals aboard a longtail boat, or follow your nose to the flower market. You can sample authentic Thai cuisine from a street cart or sink your teeth into fresh, exotic fruits at an open-air produce bazaar.
Siem Reap and Angkor Wat
Day five starts with breakfast and a free morning in Bangkok before departing for the airport. An included flight makes traveling to Siem Reap, Cambodia, a breeze. When you land, your group will be transported to Steung Siem Reap Hotel for three nights. Once you've settled in, follow your LivingSocial Adventure Guide for a brief group orientation walk in Siem Reap.
Immerse yourself in the history and culture of the Khmer people on day six. Fill up on breakfast before setting out for the ruins of Angkor Wat—a UNESCO World Heritage Site—where a local Cambodian guide will lead your full-day tour of the hallowed complex. Though the temples were abandoned in the 15th century, the creeping tangle of banyan roots have made its architectural symmetry and intricate bas-reliefs no less astounding. Angkor Wat joins heady company—think the Pyramids at Giza and the Great Wall of China—on Lonely Planet's list of the world's most iconic human-made structures.
After your morning meal, you’ll enjoy a free day seven. Consider a boat ride on Tonle Sap lake to soak up the natural beauty of your surroundings. That evening, swap stories of the day's adventures with your fellow travelers and feast on authentic Khmer cuisine at a local hospitality school.
After breakfast, pack up for a flight to Phuket, Thailand’s largest island and one of Asia's premier resort destinations. You'll arrive in the afternoon, then check into Kata Poolside Resort (or similar) for the next two nights. How you pass the hours in Phuket will be up to you. Lounge on the endless beaches or take to the light green waters for sea-kayaking or surfing. For a more structured option, inquire about touring a local cashew nut factory, visiting a gibbon rehabilitation project, or watching a cabaret performance as a foray into the island’s quirky nightlife.
Rise for a final breakfast, then head for the airport to catch your overnight flight home. The cool part of crossing the International Date Line in reverse? You'll take off and touch down on the same calendar day.
- Signed waiver(s)
- Government Issued ID
- Weather-Appropriate Clothing
- Closed-Toe Shoes
- Sarong or Shawl for Temple Visits
- Water Bottle
the fine print
- One voucher is good for one person
- Must be 18+ to attend this trip
- Flight (when applicable) and rooming information MUST be filled out within 7 days of purchase. If you fail to complete Rooming Information within that time, you will be charged the single supplement fee listed in the deal page. In order to be paired with a roommate, you must request him/her at the time of booking. We will not pair single travelers together
- If you fail to complete Traveler Information within that time, you will not be issued an air ticket and you will not receive a refund for any portion of the package
- A refund may be collected within 7 days of your purchase. You may reschedule your purchased event date within that same 7 days (subject to availability) for any reason. No full or partial refunds are given to customers who miss an event. Purchasers will be notified prior to cancelled or rescheduled Tours. Cancelled Tours will be fully refunded. If you can't make the new date of a rescheduled Adventure, you are entitled to a refund upon request
- Waiver available to view here: livingsocial.echosign.com/public/hostedForm?formid=4FSI7Q373CXKXV
- All hotel taxes, airline taxes, and fuel surcharges are included
- Valid passport required to travel. Some countries may require a visa and/or that your passport be valid 6 months beyond your date of entry. Some countries may require an additional fee upon arrival. Check with the specific country's consulate to establish entry requirements
- Single supplement fee: $299
- Only valid on chosen event date
- Other conditions apply
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms