From Shanghai to the Yangtze River
Rewards Travel China • Shanghai, China
- A 14-Day Trip to China, Including:
- Round-Trip Flights for One from LAX, SEA, YVR, JFK, or EWR to Shanghai and from Chongqing to Shanghai
- Five-Star Hotel Accomodavtions
- Five-Star Cruise Along the Yangtze River
- 12 Breakfasts, 11 Lunches, and 8 Dinners
- English-Speaking Guides Throughout
- Tours, Transfers, and Admission Fees
- All Rates Are Per Person Based on Double Occupancy (See Fine Print)
A sprawling country rooted in tradition, and well on its way to defining modern society, China is a place of bucolic beauty and cosmopolitan energy, of hard-to-fathom foods and globalized culture. Indeed, this multifaceted country is a study in balance and paradox. And this 14-day trip to China—which includes stops in Shanghai, Suzhou, Hangzhou, Wuxi, Yichang, and Chongqing, plus a cruise down the Yangtze River—is your round-trip ticket to the best of both worlds.
This holiday season, give the gift of travel courtesy of Rewards Travel China.* The adventure begins with an overnight flight to Shanghai. Upon arrival a local representative will greet you at the airport and transfer you to the Courtyard Marriot Shanghai Puxi. The rest of the day is yours free to relax. The following day after breakfast, you'll visit the British and French colonial districts known as The Bund. Next, it's off to Nanjing Road, the world-famous shopping center of the city, then to the Shanghai Tianmai Jade Museum.
After an hour-long bus ride you'll arrive at the Grand Metro Park Hotel in Suzhou, known as Oriental Venice for its exquisite canals, architecture, and elegant gardens. For an additional fee, you can take a cruise along the ancient canal. The following day, you'll tour the UNESCO site of the 800-year-old Master of Nets Garden, then you'll visit the Suzhou silk factory and Suzhou research institute of silk embroidery. After lunch, it's off to Tong Li, a small river town with 1,000 years of history.
After breakfast the next day, you'll take a bus to Wuxi city, where you'll stay at the Landison Plaza Hotel and visit Turtle's Head Park. Another highlight of the day: the Great Buddha at Lingshan, the world's largest standing statue of the Sakaya Muni Buddha.
From Wuxi you'll head to Hangzhou, another UNESCO heritage site. After checking into the White Horse Lake Jianguo Hotel Hangzhou, you'll tour the picturesque West Lake, then head to Ling Ci Temple, which dates back to 954 AD. After breakfast the next day, you'll visit the most famous tea village in the region before bussing back to Shanghai, where you'll visit the urban planning exhibition center.
On day eight, you'll visit the Shanghai Museum, which features huge stone sculptures, bronze-ware, porcelain, calligraphic works, Chinese paintings, and ancient furniture. The second stop of the day will be a silk carpet factory, and after lunch you'll visit the City God Temple bazaar, which is composed of specialty stores selling traditional Chinese arts and crafts, medicine, and souvenirs. Pay an additional fee to see an acrobatic show in the evening.
Take an early-morning flight the next day to Wuhan, then drive to the port city of Yichang to hop on a cruise aboard the President Prime to experience the breathtaking scenery of Asia's longest river, the Yangtze, which begins with the melting glacial waters of Tibet and reaches the East China Sea in Shanghai. You'll see the Three Gorges Dam and the Xiling Gorge—among other breathtaking sights—and you'll get a chance to explore off-shore attractions like the Fengdu ghost city. The cruise also includes nighttime entertainment and meals.
The next day, you'll arrive in Chongqing and take a half-day city tour, then you'll fly back to Shanghai, check in to our hotel, and spend the rest of the day at your leisure. Finally, it's back to the United States.
View the full itinerary.
* 2013 departure dates: March 21, March 25, April 4, April 11, April 18, October 19, November 9, or November 14
"The third-largest country and the world's largest population, Chinese culture is rich, diverse, endlessly surprising, and will hit you like a ton of bricks."-- Read Fodor's Review of China
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid on group or existing reservations
- Rates are per person based on double occupancy. Each of two guests must purchase an Escape and arrange to stay together at the hotel. Single occupancy requires an additional fee of $799 and this must be confirmed at booking
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Voucher is valid for one person only
- Voucher includes 12 breakfasts, 11 lunches, 8 dinners, English-speaking guides throughout, tours, transfers, admission fees
- Flights can depart from one of the following airports JFK/EWR, LAX, YVR, or SEA
- Voucher does not include processing of China Visa ($190 per US passport, valid for 1 year multiple entry), other medical insurance, trip cancellation insurance (cancel for any reason and it is 10% of trip cost) and gratuities of $180 per person
- Hotel is based on double occupancy
- Self financed $35 per person acrobatic show in Shanghai and $25 per person ancient canal cruise in Suzhou will be paid locally in China not included
- Nights must be used consecutively
- Airport taxes and fees included
- All deal components must be redeemed during one stay
- The deal is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- PROMOTIONAL VALUE VALID ONLY FOR THE DATE RANGE SELECTED AT TIME OF PURCHASE
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON December 1, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON December 1, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON December 1, 2013 • Enjoy By December 1, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 46% savings