A Riverside Break in Moulsford-on-Thames, Oxfordshire
The Beetle and Wedge Boathouse • Oxford, United Kingdom
- Overnight Stay for Two People
- Glass of Prosecco Each on Arrival
"There is nothing half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats," Ratty mused in The Wind in the Willows. He may well be right, but we'd rather cosy up in a charming riverside refuge and watch the world drift by—just as you can do at The Beetle and Wedge Boathouse, with an overnight stay for two for £50 (up to a £105 value).
Located right on the bank of the river in Moulsford-on-Thames, on the same stretch of water that inspired Kenneth Graeme's legendary children's novel, there's no better place to feel the 'capricious little breeze, dancing up from the surface of the water'. Toast a welcome glass of Prosecco each and check out your inviting accommodation, overlooking the river and complete with rolltop baths or shower.
Your stay includes breakfast, but the real star of this story is The Boathouse Restaurant, so we highly recommend that you pay a visit and sample the renowned cuisine for lunch or dinner.
Come over all Toady and hop in your motorcar to visit nearby Oxford, with its turreted spires and winding, cobbled streets that reveal unexpected delights. If you want to soak in a little more of the boating life, visit nearby Henley-on-Thames, gloriously overlooked by the Chiltern Hills and site of the famous Regatta. Alternatively, take a boat ride from The Beetle and Wedge Boathouse instead.
This Escape is for two people staying one night, and is available from Sunday to Thursday.
"Situated right on the bank of the Thames and surrounded by willows and fields, you wouldn't be surprised if Ratty and Mole rowed past, as this is very much their territory."-- The Independent
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- 1 voucher is valid for 2 people
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation
- Reservation is subject to availability - stay must be completed by April 30, 2013
- Valid Sunday - Thursday only
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 48 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Multiple vouchers cannot be used over consecutive nights
- Deal based on double occupancy
- Voucher includes Glass of Prosecco Each on Arrival and Breakfast
- Not valid in conjunction with any other offer and cannot be applied towards existing reservations
- Please contact merchant directly, within 30 days of voucher-issue, for information on any special assistance required including disabled access - if the merchant's arrangements are not adequate for your requirements, LivingSocial will be happy to issue a refund under our standard cancellation policy
- Please contact 01491 651381 prior to purchase for further information if required
- Deal price inclusive of VAT
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON April 30, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON April 30, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON April 30, 2013 • Enjoy By April 30, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• No cash value/cash back
• Service not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 52% savings