12 Days in New Delhi, Jaipur, Agra, & More: Icons of India, Plus Flights
Gate 1 Travel •
- A 12-Day Trip to India ($1,999 to $3,199 per Person) Including:
- Round-Trip International Flights from New York City (JFK) to Indira Gandhi International Airport (DEL) in Delhi
- Double-Occupancy Accommodations for Two Nights at the Eros Hotel in Delhi, Two Nights at the Lemon Tree Premier Jaipur, Two Nights at the Jaypee Palace in Agra, One Night at Radisson Hotel Khajuraho, and Two Nights at Radisson Hotel Varanasi
- Nine Breakfasts, Two Lunches, and Four Dinners
- All Transports and 24-Hour Airport Arrival-and-Departure Services
- Local English-Speaking Tour Guides, Sightseeing Tours, and Entrance Fees per Itinerary
- Airline Taxes, Fuel Surcharges, and Hotel/Resort Fees
- Priced per Person Based on Double Occupancy (See Fine Print)
- After Purchase, Follow Your Voucher's Redemption Instructions to Complete Your Reservation
You'll never forget this trip to India, where flavorful food, bustling bazaars, and the Taj Mahal await.
In Delhi, denim-clad teenagers skip about the streets with cell phones plastered to their ears listening to the latest Bollywood track. Mere miles away on the slopes of a nearby rural village, cows move freely down dirt roads past women in saris preparing midday meals by hand. This is India: a contradiction in culture, in time, and in history, and one of the few places on earth where historical change unfolds in real time before your eyes.
Take an overnight flight—complete with meals, complimentary drinks, and in-flight entertainment—from New York (JFK) to Delhi.
Arrive in Delhi, where guides will greet you and ensure your transfer to your luxury hotel. Enjoy the day at your leisure—today's a good day to rest and and get acquainted to a new time zone.
Overnight at Eros Hotel or similar.
Enjoy a cycle rickshaw ride through the intricate and chaotic streets around Old Delhi. Visit the Jama Masjid mosque, Bangla Sahib Sikh Temple, and the home where Mahatma Gandhi spent his final days. You'll also see the India Gate, the Parliament House, and the Presidential Palace. This evening, your tour manager will walk you through the itinerary with a welcome orientation before your dinner at the hotel's restaurant.
Overnight at Eros Hotel or similar. Breakfast and dinner provided.
Travel to Jaipur, the famed Pink City of India that was painted as such in honor of a 19th-century visit from the Prince of Wales. Depart Delhi via an air-conditioned coach bus and stop to see UNESCO World Heritage site Qutab Minar, the world's tallest brick minaret, before continuing to Jaipur. On arrival, stop by a jewelry shop and visit the local bazaar.
Overnight at Lemon Tree Premier Jaipur or similar. Breakfast and dinner provided.
Embark on an excursion to the 16th-century Amber Fort and its stunning Palace of Mirrors via Jeep (or elephant back, if available), and admire views of Jaipur's original city walls and the Maota Lake below. Browse the Rajasthan textile and handicrafts shops, then venture off on your own to see the city's many colorful bazaars brimming with flowers and spices or the City Palace and its delightful gardens. On your way back, stop at the well-preserved 18th-century Jantar Mantar Observatory. For dinner, you can opt to head into town to a local restaurant for a taste of India's exotic flavors while watching a traditional dance performance.
Overnight at Lemon Tree Premier Jaipur or similar. Breakfast provided.
Travel to the medieval city of Agra. On the way, you'll stop to visit the village of Abhaneri—about three hours outside Agra—and peer into the Chand Baori stepwell that dates back to the 8th century. Nearby, a visit to the temple of Harshat Mata, ornately dedicated to the goddess of joy and happiness, is a must-see. When you arrive in Agra, use the remainder of your day for self-guided exploration.
Overnight at Jaypee Palace or similar. Breakfast and lunch provided.
Today starts with an iconic visit to the Taj Mahal. The monumental construction, which took 22 years to complete, is most famous for its white-marble dome—of which you'll have your fill with a visit to a local marble shop following your tour. After, you'll travel to the red sandstone Agra Fort, a UNESCO World Heritage Site that's an incredible maze of walled courtyards, mosques, and opulent private chambers that reflect the lavishness of the Mughal Empire. As the memorable day comes to an end, keep the excitement going by attending an optional dinner at a local Agra restaurant, complete with a performance from Bollywood dancers.
Overnight at Jaypee Palace or similar. Breakfast provided.
After a breakfast at the hotel, head to the station to catch the Shatabdi Express train to Jhansi. Upon arrival, you'll continue via motor coach to the medieval city of Orchha on the River Betwa. Here, you'll view some of the most noteworthy Hindu architecture in India. After lunch, you'll journey to Khajuraho, where you'll dine and spend the night.
Overnight at Radisson Hotel Khajuraho or similar. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided.
Begin your day with a tour at the famous Khajuraho Temples, declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1986. Dating back to the Chandela Dynasty, more than 1,050 temples used to exist, but today only 20 sculptures are left. Make note to see the Kandariya Mahadeva Temple to Lord Shiva, the Bharatji Temple with its 11-headed sculpture of Vishnu, and the Vamana Temple dedicated to the dwarf incarnation of Lord Vishnu. After your tour, you'll take a flight to Varanasi, located on the banks of the sacred River Ganges. In the evening, you'll have the option to participate in the Sacred Prayer Ceremony at Dasawamedh Ghat on the Ganges River, lit with oil lamps and candles illuminating the river. Here, you can witness the unique Aarti ceremony, a lively experience that you won't want to miss.
Overnight at Radisson Hotel Varanasi or similar. Breakfast provided.
Rise before dawn for a boat ride on the Ganges to witness the solemn sunrise ceremonies. Witness the riverbanks humming with activity as Hindu devotees perform their rituals on the steps ("ghats") and offer prayers to the rising sun. Then, go on a tour of the Bharat Mata Temple before returning to the hotel for breakfast. Spend the rest of the day at your leisure, wandering through the bustling bazaars and visiting a local textile store, renowned for its authentic silks and brocades. In the evening, you'll drive to the holy city of Sarnath, the city where Buddha preached his first sermon after attaining enlightenment. Visit the temple and museum to see colorful wall paintings that depict the major events of Buddha's life. Later, get together with your group and tour manager for a farewell dinner before you all start the journey home.
Overnight at Radisson Hotel Varanasi or similar. Breakfast and dinner provided.
After breakfast, you'll have the day to explore Varanasi at your leisure before returning to New Delhi in the evening. From here, take the included late-evening ground transfer to the airport to catch your flight—all flights will depart near midnight.
Return home to New York City.
New York City (JFK) departure dates for 2015:
11/15, 12/29 ($2,499)
12/1, 12/8 ($2,249)
New York City (JFK) departure dates for 2016:
1/19, 1/26, 1/31, 2/2, 3/1, 3/8, 3/15, 3/22 ($2,199)
2/16, 2/23, 2/28 ($1,999)
Priced per person based on double occupancy; see fine print.
• Book your tour by August 6, 2015
• This comprehensive and fast-paced tour requires long driving distances between cities, walking for extended periods of time, walking over uneven terrain, travel in all-terrain vehicles, and riding an elephant (pending availability)
• Passengers traveling abroad require a passport that is valid for six months beyond their travel date
About Gate 1 Travel
Unless you've been everywhere, man, there's always another destination to discover. Luckily for those with wanderlust, Gate 1 Travel is one of the rare providers to offer tours to, well, just about everywhere. Founded in 1981 with only three employees, this company has grown to more than 200 employees in offices across 19 countries. They're the pros when it comes to guided tours and vacation packages in Europe, Africa, Latin America, Asia, and the South Pacific. Spin the globe, pick your destination, then let Gate 1 Travel help you cross one more spot off your list.
India pulsates with a spectacular mix of people, traditions and landscapes. Your journey through this mind-stirring country will blaze in your memory long after you've left its shores.-- Lonely Planet
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- When purchasing and gifting vouchers please list name as it is listed on their passport
- Book by date: customer must contact merchant by August 6, 2015 to make booking
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Voucher includes round-trip international flights from New York City (JFK) to Indira Gandhi International Airport (DEL) in Delhi; double-occupancy accommodations for 2 nights at the Eros Hotel in Delhi, 2 nights at the Lemon Tree Premier Jaipur, 2 nights at the Jaypee Palace in Agra, 1 night at Radisson Hotel Khajuraho, and 2 nights at Radisson Hotel Varanasi; 9 breakfasts, 2 lunches, and 4 dinners; all transports and 24-hour airport arrival-and-departure services; local English-speaking tour guides, sightseeing tours, and entrance fees per itinerary; airline taxes, fuel surcharges, and hotel/resort fees
- All other major US airports available for a surcharge to be collected at time of booking
- Passengers should select flights that depart New Delhi no earlier than 10 p.m. on Day 11
- Hotel checkout for a day use room is 11:30 p.m.
- Some days require long driving distances between cities. For more leisurely options, please check our longer-stay hours
- Voucher does not include optional tours, passport/visa fees, gratuities, meals or drinks not specified by itinerary, and any costs not specified as included
- Airfare is nonrefundable once ticketed
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during 1 stay
- Double Occupancy: rates are per person based on double occupancy (two people sharing a room). Each of two/three guests must purchase an Escape and arrange to stay together at the property. Single occupancy requires an additional fee of $500
- Merchant cancellation policy applies. For more information, please visit https://www.gate1travel.com/terms.aspx#CANCELLATION
- Incidental charges, charges for additional services and gratuity at the property are not included
- The promotional value is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- Wheelchairs, walkers and motorized scooters may not be taken aboard motor coaches.
- Review the State Department's website for passport/visa requirements and important announcements before traveling to your destination; Visas are required for US passport holders
- Passengers abroad require a passport valid for 6 months beyond their travel dates. All travelers are responsible to check if a visa is required for all countries on their itinerary. For visa information, check our Visas page.
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON August 6, 2015 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON July 30, 2020 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON August 6, 2015 • Enjoy By August 6, 2015
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms