A Countrified Jaunt to The Gateway of The Tees Valley
Blackwell Grange Hotel • Darlington, United Kingdom
- One- (£79) or Two-Night (£149) Stay for Two People in Double Room
- Daily Breakfast
- Afternoon Tea on Arrival
- Two-Course Dinner on First Evening
- Bottle of House Wine on First Evening
These days, Darlington is a mecca of independent shops, theatre, and music. Known as the 'gateway to the Tees Valley', it's also not far from the Pennines, Yorkshire Dales, Cleveland Hills, and North York Moors. But back in the day, it was celebrated for something very different: as the location of the first passenger railway in the world. Find out more for yourself and Escape to Blackwell Grange Hotel.
No need for a long goodbye on the platform: instead, bring your sweetheart with you for an overnight stay at the grand, countrified venue for two people for £79 (up to a £181.90 value). Alternatively, opt for a longer journey with the same package for two nights for £149 (up to a £277.90 value). Either way, you'll lay your luggage in accommodation that's just the ticket—think double room with pretty pastoral furnishings, en suite, TV, radio, 24-hour room service, and Wi-Fi access.
Chug your afternoon tea for two on arrival in the comfort of the Havelock Restaurant—all stylish flowered walls and dark-wood seating. Then get back on track with your inclusive two-course dinner and bottle of wine here on your first evening, where you'll choose from a menu that includes such dishes as golden wholetail scampi with chips, spinach and ricotta cannelloni, and ice-cream brownie. And that's all before your daily breakfast pulls into the station: expect options such as full English, cereal, fruit, and yoghurt.
All aboard for some local sightseeing: for shoppers there are the indie boutiques of Skinnergate and the high-end fashion of Grange Road; for culture vultures and foodie types, the galleries and restaurants of Duke Street; for history buffs, Piercebridge Roman Fort and the restored Victorian South Park; and for trainspotters, the Darlington Railway Centre and Museum.
This Escape is for two people. Saturday night stays require a £20 supplement payable directly to hotel.
"From the moment you turn into the long sweeping driveway, and catch your first glimpse of the Georgian facade, you know you are somewhere special."-- Forestdale Hotels
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- 1 voucher is valid for 2 people (Option B must be used over consecutive nights)
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation; Offer cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability - stay must be completed by April 30, 2013
- Voucher is non-refundable and cannot be amended once booking has been made
- Not valid 14 February, 10 March or 31 March 2013
- Saturday stays incur a £20 supplement; payable directly to the hotel upon booking
- Deal based on double occupancy in a double room
- Wi-Fi included
- Voucher includes daily breakfast, afternoon tea On arrival, two-course dinner on first evening and bottle of house wine on first evening
- Not valid in conjunction with any other offer and cannot be applied towards existing reservations
- Please contact merchant directly, within 30 days of voucher-issue, for information on any special assistance required including disabled access - if the merchant's arrangements are not adequate for your requirements, LivingSocial will be happy to issue a refund under our standard cancellation policy
- Please contact 0844 855 9150 prior to purchase for further information if required
- Deal price inclusive of VAT
- Enjoy By date on this voucher cannot be validly extended without the express written endorsement of LivingSocial. Without such written endorsement, any offer by the merchant to extend the Enjoy By date cannot be honoured by LivingSocial in the event that the merchant defaults
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON April 30, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON April 30, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON April 30, 2013 • Enjoy By April 30, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• No cash value/cash back
• Service not included
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 57% savings