10-Course Tasting Dinner & Drink Pairings in Virginia
The Lafayette Inn • Stanardsville, VA
- A One-Night Stay for Two in the Monroe, Jefferson, or Tyler Rooms (Suite A), Sundays or Thursdays ($229) or Mondays through Wednesdays ($344)
- Chef's Ten-Course Tasting Dinner with Beverage Pairings
- Breakfast for Two
Enjoy a sumptuous ten-course feast with beverage pairings at this historic bed and breakfast about 20 miles from Charlottesville.
Tucked away in the rolling hills of central Virginia, the tiny town of Stanardsville puts more on the table than you'd expect from the population of 500. For starters, it sits less than 10 miles from the border of Shenandoah National Park and 20 miles from the bustling college town of Charlottesville, with a number of wineries, antique shops, and local artisans in between—not to mention historic sites like Monticello and Montpelier. But you needn't stray far from Main Street to revel in the bounty of the region: Just look to The Lafayette Inn, a six-room bed and breakfast in the heart of downtown.
Built in 1840, this three-story inn—with a charming brick façade, picture windows, and white wooden columns—is renowned as one of the best restaurants in the region, garnering awards like "Best of the Blue Ridge" and "Virginia's Restaurant of the Year." Before the feast begins, check in to your suite, where each Internet-equipped room features lovingly preserved antiques, a queen bed, hardwood floors, a sitting area with TV, and a private bathroom. Some even offer the roaring comfort of a gas fireplace.
After checking in and settling down, the feasting awaits: You'll be treated to a sumptuous ten-course tasting dinner, complete with beverage pairings. Chef Alan—who is also your accommodating innkeeper—crafts menus that include traditional Southern cuisine as well as international favorites prepared in a Southern style, making for a completely unique array of dishes. From appetizers and entrées to desserts, this special event remains the inn's most popular experience, a decade-long tradition that more than a thousand guests before you have enjoyed.
"A perfect weekend, and a wonderful way to celebrate our anniversary! Thanks!"-- LivingSocial Member
"This place is awesome. The food was superb, and the accommodations were cozy and romantic. We will be talking about our getaway for years to come."-- LivingSocial Member
escapes 30-day promise
the fine print
- Vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays now through April 30, 2015
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Voucher includes Chef's 10-course tasting dinner with beverage pairings and breakfast for 2
- All inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Voucher valid for 2 guests
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 14 days in advance of scheduled arrival; voucher subject to forfeiture; rescheduling subject to change fee
- Taxes and gratuity not included; payable directly to the property
- Incidental charges, charges for additional services and gratuity at the property are not included
- Menu modifications, as a result of an allergy or preference, are subject to a surcharge
- Valid for the Monroe, Jefferson and Tyler (Suite A) rooms; alternate room types may be used if these rooms are not available for desired check-in date; please inquire with merchant at time of booking reservation
- Blackout date(s): April 5, 2015; April 19, 2015
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON April 30, 2015 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON April 30, 2020 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON April 30, 2015 • Enjoy By April 30, 2015
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings