Old Meets New in the Land of the Rising Sun
- A Seven-Day Trip to Tokyo ($1,699 per Person), Including:
- Round-Trip Flights from Los Angeles to Tokyo with Monday through Thursday Departure Dates, via Singapore Airlines
- Round-Trip Ground Transportation Between Airport and Hotel
- Double-Occupancy Accommodations for Five Nights at the Hilton Tokyo in Shinjuku, Tokyo Prefecture
- One Morning Tokyo City Tour by Coach
- Airline Taxes, Fuel Surcharges, and Entrance Fees Included
- Priced per Person Based on Double Occupancy (See Fine Print)
Teeming with people, skyscrapers, and tradition, Tokyo presents travelers with the ultimate urban jungle. Glittering, contemporary architecture dominates the horizon—the city was forced to rebuild after a earthquake in the 1920s and again after the bombings of World War II. But the sight of Mount Fuji in the distance and the delicate fragrance of cherry blossoms and bonsai gardens provide a sense of stability amid the frenzy and modernity.
With the help of one of the most efficient public transportation systems around, you'll quickly learn to navigate the neighborhoods of Japan's capital, the largest metropolitan area in the world. Feast on fresh sushi or dine at the food stalls in the markets, where gyoza and ramen are made using generations-old recipes. Shop for name-brand clothing and accessories in the Ginza district, then check out the latest technology in Akihabara—also known as Electric Town. For true entertainment, take in a traditional kabuki theater show, or marvel at the sheer size of the sumo wrestlers at the Ryōgoku Kokugikan arena. Tokyo's neon nightlife is virtually unmatched—this city's inhabitants work hard and play hard.
The fast pace of the city may make the trip feel like a whirlwind adventure, but Globotours will help you pack a lifetime of memories into your seven-day, five-night stay in Tokyo.
day 1: Board your nonstop flight from Los Angeles (LAX) to Narita International Airport (NRT) in Tokyo.
day 2: After arriving in Tokyo, you'll board the airport limousine bus to the Hilton Tokyo in the Shinjuku ward. This four-star luxury hotel features 630 rooms, all renovated just last spring. Your standard room is appointed with a Hilton Serenity bed, LCD TV, MP3 dock, and stunning city views. When you're not out exploring the city, play tennis on the hotel's rooftop court or swim some laps in the indoor pool. The health club is open 24 hours a day—stop by and relax in the sauna, whirlpool, or authentic Japanese bath. If you'd like to stay in for dinner, there are seven enticing restaurants on the property.
Overnight at Hilton Tokyo.
day 3: Board a coach for your included tour of the city's famous and historical landmarks. You'll see a panoramic view of Tokyo from the main observation platform of the Tokyo Tower before traveling to the peaceful, picturesque Meiji Shrine for a lesson on Japanese architecture. Once you've driven by the State Guest Houses at Akasaka Palace and the National Diet Building—where both houses of the Diet of Japan meet—you'll enjoy a pleasant walk through the east garden of the Imperial Palace. Visit the palace's inner moat, where 15-foot thick walls and pine trees surround the 250-acre fortress, home of the Emperor and Empress. Your tour ends at the world-famous Ginza District, a posh shopping mecca where brands like Louis Vuitton, Prada, and Chanel make for window shopping at its finest.
Overnight at Hilton Tokyo.
days 4, 5, and 6: Explore Tokyo on your own for the remainder of your trip. If you're looking to escape the hustle and bustle, take a bullet train headed southwest to explore Mount Fuji. Or, travel just east of Fuji to see pristine Lake Ashi, as well as the Mount Komagatake Ropeway, a mile-long aerial tram that provides riders with thrilling views of the surrounding Hakone National Park.
Back in town, the beautiful Shinjuku Central Park is just minutes from the hotel, as is Shinjuku Station, one of the busiest train stations in the word. In Sumida City, you'll find the Tokyo Skytree: At 2,080 feet, it's the tallest broadcasting tower in the world. Head inside, where Sky Restaurant 634 promises incredible views of the city—on a clear day, you can see more than 40 miles—and a tasty fusion of Japanese and French cuisine.
Go to the eastern side of Chiyoda to see thousands of shops selling every technological gadget you can imagine in Akihabara, then polish off your night with a martini in the Roppongi District, where both foreign and native revelers live it up at nightclubs, restaurants, and bars.
Three nights at Hilton Tokyo.
day 7: Check out of your hotel, take the limo bus to the airport, and board your flight back to Los Angeles. Between the rich traditions, friendly people, and bright lights, it'll be hard saying sayōnara to this scintillating city.
Monday through Thursday departure dates between January 20 and April 30, and between May 8 and 15
"In a way, Tokyo has an infinite quality. It’s always under construction, always crackling with new fads, and always swirling with people who are passionate about everything from anime to Zen."-- Lonely Planet
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability; must be booked by February 12, 2014
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Merchants cancellation policy applies. For more information, please see globotours.net/Terms.aspx
- Upon confirmation of your reservation, vouchers will be considered used and 100% non-refundable
- Rates are per person based on double occupancy (two people sharing a room). Each of two guests must purchase an Escape and arrange to stay together at the hotel. Single occupancy requires an additional fee of $600
- All prices are per person, double occupancy and subject to availability, change, blackout dates and other restrictions that may apply (hotel blackout dates: January 31, February 1- 3, 22 and April 1-6, 2014)
- A $60 per person air weekend surcharge applies for departures on Fridays through Sundays
- Includes Double-Occupancy Accommodations for Five Nights at the Hilton Tokyo in Shinjuku, Tokyo Prefecture, One Morning Tokyo City Tour by Coach, Airline Taxes, Fuel Surcharges, and Entrance Fees
- Does not include passport and visa fees (if applicable), meals and beverages other than specified, personal and baggage insurance, gratuities to drivers, local guides and costs for anything not specified on the deal
- Review the State Department's website for passport/visa requirements and important announcements before traveling to your destination
- Passports are required for all international destinations with a minimum validity of 6 months beyond the completion of your trip & sufficient blank pages for visas and immigrations stamps. Passengers are solely responsible for all their travel requirements
- For Non- US passport holders, please contact the nearest diplomatic or consular office of the country or countries to be visited and obtain the specific requirements for entry
- Rates for extra nights are available upon request. Standard merchant surcharge applies per way if you deviate from the package
- Stays must be completed within date range purchased
- Offer valid for new bookings only and cannot be combined with other discounts
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- The promotional value is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON May 15, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON April 23, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON May 15, 2014 • Enjoy By May 15, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms